Undecided

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi columbine,

I'm not too bad thanks I just hope shadow gets over his aggression & gets a loving home

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi hellomisskitty,

I'm fine thanks, the hand is ok not too bad.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you're doing ok hun. I can't imagine how heartbreaking this whole situation must have been for you :alright::hugs:

I hope your hand heals quickly and that you're ready to continue looking for a cat soon :vibes: Any cat that gets you for a mom is going to be so, so lucky :D

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you columbine that's very kind of you. A friend of my family has said that I could take on one of her cats on a trial basis, so it's something for me to think about

juliejac0bs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Owning a cat is more of a choice than a decision. If you've made your choice - you won't be minding the transition and all that whatever comes in your way. I hope you'll be fine though. It takes some real dedication and if getting hurt is one of those things, you have to be prepared.

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would really recommend that you go to a shelter and get to know some cats before you take another one home. I think it would be good for you to have some comparisons between different cats, and to find one with a personality that's the best possible fit. Having a cat fall into your lap may feel like fate but I think you will feel better with more research.

I'm sorry this didn't work out.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you columbine that's very kind of you. A friend of my family has said that I could take on one of her cats on a trial basis, so it's something for me to think about
Very excited for you F flojo75 please keep us posted on how things are going [emoji]10084[/emoji]️ Any kitty would be lucky to be your companion.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is forever & hopefully going to be mine!! She's beautiful
[emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128571[/emoji]
A Devon Rex, correct?

Last edited by a moderator:

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've also been in touch with a lovely lady that has a Cornish Rex that is keen for me to have her, she is called forever & is 2yrs old, she sounds ideal. I'm not sure if the Devon Rex will work out so I'm keeping me options open. The Cornish is absolutely beautiful

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Either of those breeds sound really well suited for you: they are both very friendly people oriented breeds (I just had to google that!) Both sound like you can easily train them to walk on a harness and leash and play fetch!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will you get to interact with the cats before you decide to adopt? Breeds can give you a sense of the expected temperament but may not be true for the individual kitty.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, yeah they are very living & people orientated people so I'm just hoping the rescue centre say yes, which will make my day!!!!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi folks,

Is there anyone out there that has experience with Devon Rex's. A lady has been in touch with me asking if I'd like to take on her 8 month old. I've googled the breed but would appreciate expert knowledge

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure, I've messaged her quite late tonight & asked the question so I don't suppose I'll get an answer until tomorrow

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure, I've messaged her quite late tonight & asked the question so I don't suppose I'll get an answer until tomorrow
Ok. I would ask a lot of questions about the cat's personality so far, whether it's spayed/neutered, its health, and why they are rehoming.

Will you meet the cat?

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah I've asked lots of questions & she has said that I can ask as much as I want. Yes I will be going to see him. He's not neutered yet as he was the runt of the litter & was thin so her vet advised her to get some weight on him & then neuter him

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, I've just heard back from the owner & they are selling him because the lady has got an autistic son & doesn't feel that she has the time for him that he needs.