Undecided

pegleg

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
F flojo75 That's a good sign that they recognise the cat's needs any updates?

Story time: Before I got my two they were throwing cats at me left, right and centre. One I was supposed to have was adopted before I even got to meet her, another was exactly what I wanted and we were a perfect match on paper but when I met her she didn't take to me at all. If I had taken her she would have been terribly unhappy. In the end I took on this lovely black kitten who settled in well except for being very unhappy about being left alone, then I found out he had been fostered with his sister and they'd been separated so I could adopt him, but nobody wanted her. So I ended up with two, two kittens when I wanted one older cat, and I couldn't be happier. Even though Leeloo's been trying to eat my bra for the last hour.

So don't get too despondent when these things don't work out as planned, you'll get your cat in the end.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi pegleg, I put an ad on preloved not expecting anyone to reply but the very next day a lady contacted me who lives near me who has an 8 month old Devon Rex. She's been great with me asking her loads of questions about him & im going to see him next weekend. I can't wait, really hope this works out

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks pegleg I really am ready to give a cat a great home with lots of love

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi folks, I'm not sure if you've heard of this but on YouTube there is s cat called Maru & he loves cardboard boxes, it's hilarious, I was put into it by a friend in the US, well worth a look if you've not seen him before, I fell about laughing!! [emoji]128514[/emoji]

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi folks, I'm not sure if you've heard of this but on YouTube there is s cat called Maru & he loves cardboard boxes, it's hilarious, I was put into it by a friend in the US, well worth a look if you've not seen him before, I fell about laughing!! [emoji]128514[/emoji]
I LOVE Maru!!!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's great isn't he!!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi folks, I'm a bit down in the dumps today as I couldn't pick up scribbles as I'm not well but luckily his owner has been great & im picking him up on Monday!!!! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is his name "scribbles"?? That's adorable!!! So glad his current owner is flexible...Monday is not too far away [emoji]128522[/emoji]
Hope you feel better and let us know how things go on Monday!!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, yes his name is scribbles, he also answers to scribs. I love the name. I know, Monday will soon come round & I'll post a picture of him on the site

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I'm counting down the hours until I get scribbles but I'm stressing as to whether I can care for him well & provide the right home for him, is this normal, has anyone else felt like this??

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definitely felt that way but I think that is a good way to feel: it means you care about doing right by Scribbles and that you take your commitment to him seriously. None of us know how to care for a cat "perfectly" but you will learn as you go along how and what Scribbles needs. You have already put a lot of care and thought into welcoming Scribbles in to your life. There may be times that test both of you but the two of you will grow closer through those times. Scribbles will have a home with you where he is loved and cherished and that is the most important thing.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm stressing like mad & carn't relax, I hope I make a good mum!!!!!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That I can provide him with a good home & him fit into my life & not be lonely, I've been on my own a long time & im quite set in my ways

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was the same way as you before I adopted my girl. Exactly the same: on my own for a long time and set in my ways. I liked things to be just so and wasn't sure I had what it took to put something/someone before myself. There has never been a day where I regretted bringing this wonderful soul into my life. Suddenly, my once quiet (in hindsight, lonely) home didn't feel quite and lonely anymore. There was a sweet little thing waking me up every day, waiting for me when I came home, snuggling with me at night, meowing at me in conversation etc. I even remember tough times like having to hand feed her when she was refusing to eat because she had to wear a cone after having an abrasion on her eye or the emergency trips to the vet because of urinary crystals. It was during those times that I realized I could care less about myself and the disruption to my life; all I wanted was for my little girl to be well. Four years later, I can tell you that having this little ball of fur in my life has made me a kinder, better person in so many ways. In some ways, you are at a point like I was: you either take this leap of faith and open yourself up to an amazing relationship or have your life stay the same.

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm stressing like mad & carn't relax, I hope I make a good mum!!!!!
And I think you are already acting quite a bit like a good mum. Good mums plan for their babies and stress and worry about their babies. I know that you have already planned where you will put Scribbles in your house initially and that you are planning to take him to a vet after a couple of weeks to get him checked out and to get information on neutering. You've probably planned all kinds of other things when it comes to Scribbles that I don't know about. So see? You are already being a good mum [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know I just worry that he won't be happy with being left so long with my working hours, it'll be 12hrs, it just worries me that he won't be happy