Unconsiderate Dog Owners

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I live on Maui, born and raised here, grew up with respect to others like all other islanders...Been living in the country in the same house for several generations over 40 years in one of the most quietest oldest neighborhoods upcountry...

9 years ago some mainland people buy and build a house in the vacant lot....

They get a dog, a pure breed Yapper with obvious anxiety mental issues that gets no play or exercise, it yaps all day, intermittent night! The owners are right there and do nothing, give them 2 anonymous letters and nothing....Our sleep schedule revolves around this new people and their dog, they care nothing for their neighbors...Not only that they cant even handle this dog so they go and get another one, a quieter normal dog...

I made a complaint to the humane society and after that the dog is quiet for 2 weeks, now back to the same routine...Wakes me up at 3.30am, I fall back asleep at 4.20, wakes me up at 5.20am sleep is now over.....

I have recorded footage and plan to go back to the humane society and submit a 2nd complaint, after 3 complaints it goes to the prosecutors office....

It simply blows my mind that new people from god knows where moves to a island in the middle of the ocean, builds a house in a old very peaceful neighborhood and terrorizes the local people with a dog they have no time for...

They have a little kid, prob get the dog for the kid and the kid couldnt give a hoot about the dog

Rant

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel for you.
You report this to the Humane Society? Does your town have a noise ordinance? I just find it strange that you report this to the HS, but then I live on the mainland and things are different here.
I know how annoying a yappy dog can be. Hope you get this resolved soon and you can get a good nights sleep.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really feel for you as I know what it means to live close to the constantly barking dog, but personally I'd be worried what will happen to this dog if he's kept being reported... Would it be possible to talk to these people in person? Maybe they simply need a kind encouragement to seek for behaviorist help or whatever would be needed to help in this situation?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dogs in hawaii do not get taken away, owners get a fine but I need to go court with evidence