Uncanny incidents

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you experienced something strange that you didn't realize was strange until after something happened?

I bring this up because there were two shootings by my house this evening. I passed the place where one happened several times today. What's weird is as I drove by that place the last time, I became afraid of a possible shooting. It was an hour before it happened. I've never been afraid driving around here.

Another time I was waiting at a red light when the light turned green. I didn't go immediately like I normally would have and waited a couple of seconds because something stopped me. Several seconds after the light changed a car ran the red light. I would have been in their path if I hadn't felt the need to wait.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
More than a few times I’ve had thoughts and then they happened. Or I’ve thought about a person and then heard they passed. Most recently that happened with the father of my mothers friend. I had met her dad about 11 years ago. He was a neat man; a real gentle soul. He was not educated; but he spent his life at schools and festivals educating children about the local tribes native to this area. And
looked the part! A couple weeks ago I was telling my kids about him for some reason. And then a few days I saw he passed away.

When I was 11 the daughter of my father’s friend was kidnapped and murdered. I was at my cousin’s birthday party running around the basement with her friends and I still remember just stopping all of a sudden and looking at the time on the vcr. It was all over the news for a long time. The news reports said when she went missing. It was that time. And then I found out my dad knew her dad. I believe we had been at a party with them once too.

One time DH was fixing the weather stripping on our back door; trimming it with a box cutter. I saw him and said “Don’t cut your finger.” 3 seconds later he cut his finger. Just enough that we went to a walk-in to be sure he didn’t need it stitched.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This used to happen to my mum alot I've been told. On one occasion my uncle came to the house in his new car he asked to take my eldest brother for a spin. My brother obviously wanted to go in the new car but mum said no made excuses that they were busy told my uncle he could pick him up the next day. She told my dad after he had gone that she had a bad feeling. My uncle that day crashed his new car and the passenger seat was flattered my brother would of died my uncle was not hurt just a few bruises.

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
This used to happen to my mum alot I've been told. On one occasion my uncle came to the house in his new car he asked to take my eldest brother for a spin. My brother obviously wanted to go in the new car but mum said no made excuses that they were busy told my uncle he could pick him up the next day. She told my dad after he had gone that she had a bad feeling. My uncle that day crashed his new car and the passenger seat was flattered my brother would of died my uncle was not hurt just a few bruises.
yikes ... that sounds scary my friend

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think life is filled with odd little experiences we just don’t always notice them. I was house hunting and in a particular house. While in the bottom floor, the realtor touched a light fixture and I got this really creepy feeling that I should leave. I just felt something had been really wrong there. I asked the realtor if someone had died there or something. She looked shocked but answered,” Yes, someone was killed here.” I left and did not even consider the house. Lol I don’t know if there was a visual trigger or just a weird vibe but odd things do happen.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Little things have happened but the strongest thing was when I was 15. My father worked nights. One Saturday he had a night off and wanted to sleep. I begged to go to the drive in. I actually (being a brat) made life so miserable that he gave in. I just KNEW we had to be out of the house. While at the drive in we were paged, My cousin had called to tell us our house had burned. It was determined that the fire started right over where my father would have been sleeping.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have had lots of little experiences that I can’t really explain. I’ll tell three that stick out to me.

I also remember thinking about a shooting. I thought it would happen in a particular area in the town where I grew up. Not too long after, there was one. It was in an area that was considered as a quiet neighbourhood. I have no idea why I thought something bad was going to happen, but it did.

In my early teens, we lost a family member who was dear to us. He was still a teenager and it was sudden; it was a shock to everyone. A week or so before his passing, I was in school and I had this overwhelming feeling that something bad was going to happen to him. I felt sick. Then a few days before he passed, we seen each other and we both said “I love you” as we parted ways. That was the last time I seen him.

One time, I went into a second hand store. There was a beautiful antique dresser up for bid. I bid on it and went on my merry way. I didn’t really think or talk about it. It was about a week or so after I placed the bid, I had a dream about the dresser. Something in the dream was telling me that the dresser has something evil attached to it and that I should not bring it into my home. When I woke up, I had this very strange feeling then my phone rang soon after. The lady on the other end told me I won the bid for the dresser. I simply told her that I wasn’t interested in it anymore and the weird feeling went away.
My gut was just telling me not to bring it into my home. It is just so bizarre to me that I had a dream (or warning) about it the night before I got that call.

Last edited: