Resolved Unable To Post Links?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I can't seem to post links, (Was trying to link someone to a product on Amazon). It disappears?

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't seem to post links, (Was trying to link someone to a product on Amazon). It disappears?
Hi, can you type out a description of the product name so I can find it on Amazon and attempt to post here? I want to see if I can reproduce the issue. Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
its "Surefeed Microchip Automatic Feeder"

Edit: I've attempted to link just by coping and pasting the URL and it appears to convert it into a Media BBC code

SJSupport

I am that tech you're looking for
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, something about pasting Amazon product URLs directly seems to be showing up as broken media. I'm opening a ticket for it.

BTW it works fine if you use the link button in the rich text editor, it's just pasting it directly into the post that makes it come out broken. So you can use that as a workaround in the meantime.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you, it's something for now!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
AFAIK, the system changes links into "pretty" links. Looks like in Amazon's case this includes the product widget. I am guessing the BBcode that does that wasn't working properly and has since been fixed by our developer. Marking as resolved. :thumbsup:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
test

Hi, I was trying to add a link to an Amazon product as well, and when I hit 'preview' ...there was nothing but blank space.
So I am just testing it here to see if it works, now. It is supposed to link to 'Composure Feline Bite Sized Chews'.
Don't know if it will post. (Since 'preview' again, leaves tons of space.)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope. Does not seem to be working for me.

Can someone, re-open this thread?
Or should I start a new one?

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Draco Draco ...Did you manage to get your Amazon link to work?
Can you try another one, here?

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
test

Hi, I was trying to add a link to an Amazon product as well, and when I hit 'preview' ...there was nothing but blank space.
So I am just testing it here to see if it works, now. It is supposed to link to 'Composure Feline Bite Sized Chews'.
Don't know if it will post. (Since 'preview' again, leaves tons of space.)
Hi there, I just visited your post and it shows up fine for me: 2017-04-18_1821

Can you make sure you don't have any ad blocking programs/add-ons on your browser? Once I turn back on my ad blocker, I can't see the Amazon product just fine.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks a bunch, HellaSteph HellaSteph . :wave2:
I'll turn off my ad-blocker, then. :oops:
Wow, never would have thought of that in a million years. :headshake:
(just really, really hoping that the New platform will not have auto-play video ads. They drive me up the wall.:frustrated: I loved the static ads, they were the best.:biggrin:)

SJSupport

Young Cat
Purraise
They're all showing up fine for me now. I'll close out the associated ticket after verifying.

For reference though, I disable all adblockers on the site and I was seeing this issue as well, so I don't think it's adblock related.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
They're all showing up fine for me now. I'll close out the associated ticket after verifying.

For reference though, I disable all adblockers on the site and I was seeing this issue as well, so I don't think it's adblock related.
That's interesting SJSupport SJSupport , because I can toggle 'Adblock plus'(on Firefox), on and off for the Cat Site, and refresh the page.
When off,...I do see the images.
When on,...no image.
So for me, it will stay off. :catrub: Whatever the issue, it's working good for me, now.:)

SJSupport

Young Cat
Purraise
When I just toggled on Adblock, I didn't see the images at all. But previously, with it on or off I saw a grey broken image. Not sure why. But since we can't design around adblocker scripts, its best to just whitelist the site. Besides, that way you're supporting TCS :)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks a bunch, HellaSteph HellaSteph . :wave2:
I'll turn off my ad-blocker, then. :oops:
Wow, never would have thought of that in a million years. :headshake:
(just really, really hoping that the New platform will not have auto-play video ads. They drive me up the wall.:frustrated: I loved the static ads, they were the best.:biggrin:)
There should be no popup ads and no auto play ads. If you see any, please report them. :thumbsup: