Ulcer On Lip? Scab? Sore?

amandag1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all
I’m sad to say i discovered this on my boy Louie’s lip today. It looks like a scab, at first I tried to wipe it, thinking it was dried food. It wouldnt wipe off and he got really fussy and mad when I touched it.

Unfortunately, I am not in town for the next 4 days but he does have a vet visit with his cardiologist after labor day....
(Setup a while ago because he has HCM)
Recently he finished a round of clavamox for his paw - had brown crusting and swelling which still isnt 100% better.

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That looks like a rodent ulcer to me. An injection or a couple of days of tablets will clear that but it does require a vets visit.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It looks like that to me, as well, V verna davies . As small as it is currently, it should be safe to wait until your appointment, as long as it is RIGHT after Labor Day...you don't want to let it go for weeks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amandag1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Whats a rodent ulcer?
Aaaack so worried now

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No need to worry as long as its treated. It is an allergic reaction to something such as fleas, something in food, plastic bowls and a number of other things. One of my cats had two during her lifetime. She had one tablet for 5 days and it cleared with no problems. If left untreated they become painful but as you have a vets visit scheduled soon dobt worry, just keep an eye on it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It isn't nearly as horrible as it sounds. Annoying, something to take care of sooner rather than later, but not horrible.