UK MEMBERS MEET UP

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is September ok?

Is Manchester ok?

Once we've ok'd the above if you want to give a date that's best for you. I'm ok for any day, even if it's through the week because i'll just book a day's holiday in

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah September and Manchester is fine! Im good for anyday to although I will double check when I get to work make sure no one is off and Ill just put a holiday n for it :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We really enjoyed the last one so it'll be good.  

Once everyone is ok on the place and the month we'll fix the date and start looking for a weatherspoons or if someone knows somewhere else?  
 To eat of course

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We really enjoyed the last one so it'll be good.  

Once everyone is ok on the place and the month we'll fix the date and start looking for a weatherspoons or if someone knows somewhere else?  
 To eat of course

oooooh I love weatherspoons,I should be fine to come.x

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder if Linny would come?. I'm in London in March and she's going to try and pop over to see me, but she might do this one seeing as there's a few of us.

I'll post on her Facebook wall tonight

I've just sent a pm to Jessy who posted in the thread

Last edited:

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sure I can make it (if you will allow me to come as an expat Brit?)

That would be great,I would love to meet you. I would love to meet all of you. And I really do love weatherspoons,their ceaser salad is just gorgeous.x

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to come!

I can't decite right away though, it depends on when you would meet. I just checked, and Icelanair does fly to Manchester, the cheapest flights would be $166 and the second chepes seems to be $ 420 (one way!) (and other prices up to $ 830 for one way!) And then comes all the taxes and other extra things, that can easily be the same or more price as the airticket itself! As it gets closer,  the cheapest flights would not be availble and the other prizes and other and more expensive prices will be the cheapest ones.  

I know they also fly to Glasgow, which has been the cheapest flights with Icelandair (I guess it's because it's the shortest distance).

Argh...sometimes it's not the best situations to live on an island in the middle of nowhere, especially when we hear that there are all kinds of special offers and cheaper prices for airtickets for people in other countries to go TO Iceland and back, than for us to go FROM Iceland and back! 

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooooh I'd love to come, I will have to check how much the train fare is to London though. It takes around 6 hours each way, so it would need to be an overnight stay......I will check on my finances...

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooooh I'd love to come, I will have to check how much the train fare is to London though. It takes around 6 hours each way, so it would need to be an overnight stay......I will check on my finances...
How far from Kings Cross are you Jessy?.

I go to London often, but l go first class. It usually costs me £96.00 return, so standard will obviously be cheaper, plus you won't be going as far as Newcastle where l am.

Once we've decided on a date,  sign up for an alert on this website http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/   then when the tickets for that date become on sale they'll send you an e-mail so you can book it. I always just ring them instead of doing it online because i've got better deals that way 

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll probably drive to manchester and bring my daughter along,she is a member on here too but hasn't been on for ages (kids and phases) my sil lives in manchester so can kill two birds with one stone
 A saturday would probably be better for me.x