UK MEMBERS MEET UP

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Londone is much easier for me but I may be just post-op that week. Bu the date has not been fixed so I will come if I can.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It appears the wedding may not be taking place in Italy so I won't be there.  They flew over to consult with a wedding planner and discovered it was going to be more expensive than they had originally thought.  I hope you all have a great meet up and maybe next year I'll just get up the nerve to go to Europe by myself.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really wanted to set that date into my chedule and buy the ticket as soon as possible, as they get more  expensice closer to the day, so if I had had extra mony I would have, but I didn´t yet.  :)

Glasgow has always  been the cheapest and shortest flight from Iceland and I think that Manchester was very similar  to that. London has usually been more expensive and also takes longer time.

I checked and now there are quite good deals to London at least for the summer months, as  there are now another flight company that has started flying from Iceland to some foregn cities, so there is more competition.

As this is quite expensive and a long trip (first an hour from my house to the airport, two hours before the flight, then the flight itself), and I think I have to stay over sunday night for the cheapest ticket type, I was going to make a nice weekend out of this and take my family with me.  I have never been to Manchester, but was excited to see the city and maybe explore about around the city. London however frightens me, maybe because it's such a large city and I find I keep hearing of something bad happening there, and I have the feeling that it's not a place for children, but maybe I am thinking this all wrong! (I would love to have a weekend with my s/o in London though, but I have nowhere to "keep" my children for a weekend)  :)

......Wherever and whenever you will meet I really hope I will be able to join you!!!! :)