UK Kitten Food Recommendations- Organic, Hypoallergenic, Grain Free?

LeifwiththeLiner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I’m looking for some advice for kitten food. My baby Leif had a bit of a rough start so had been on Royal Cannin GI Vet food for a while. He’s now safe and sound to move onto normal kitten food and has really been enjoying the Wainwright’s Dry kibble but will not touch the wet pouches, we have also tried Applaws but no luck with that either.
The only wet food he will eat is Felix kitten food, and sometimes he will only lick the jelly off. He drinks plenty of water and eats a lot of dry food but ideally I’d love him to be on a good quality wet food.

If anyone has any recommendations foot good quality, not too expensive (more expensive than Felix but not as expensive as Royal Cannin etc.) kitten food that’s readily available in the UK, like Wainwright's I would really appreciate it!

Thanks everyone!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could look at Sheba, Gourmet Gold, they do chunks, mousse and other types. Both are reasonably priced and a little better quality than Felix. If its a dry food then James Welbeloved is good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LeifwiththeLiner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don’t mind paying for something around the price of Wainwright’s, but smaller brands like Lily’s Kitchen and higher end brands like Royal Cannin are just a little too much for us right now

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are overpriced. Have a look at James Welbeloved, wet and dry, they are good quality. Zooplus are reasonably priced.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bozita from Zooplus is good and midrange. Plus it has no sugar, I would avoid cat foods with sugar added. Rosie's Farm is also good and not too pricey.
I would skip the dry or use it very minimally.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LeifwiththeLiner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Quick update!
I bought a few Animoda Carny tins of kitten food from Zooplus and they arrived today. I’ve mixed some in with his usual Felix and he’s eaten all of the Animoda and completely left the Felix chunks alone.
It’s a super good start! Just need to keep an eye on his sensitive tummy now until he’s settled into what will hopefully be his new food.

Thanks for all of your suggestions- if anyone has anymore I’d love to hear.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have heard people say their cats like Rosie's Farm a ZP own brand. I used Animonda myself & Leonardo for both kittens and adults. Animonda also has nice pates in foil packs for kittens along with the tins.