UK Cat lovers, please advise new mummy

scallys mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Kitten Ruby-Lou is 3 months old, at the moment she is on Gocat kitten dry food but I would like to introduce wet food to her diet. Can you tell me what you feed? Therefore what you recommend. Ruby is the first cat who has owned me, so any feedback would be very much appreciated.

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello and congrats on your new kitty!

I'm not in the UK (although I wish, I loved my visit last year!), but I can recommend that you feed a variety of wet food. A variety in brands, proteins (chicken, turkey, rabbit, beef etc), and textures can help prevent a cat from becoming picky, and develop intolerances in the future. If your kitty likes Gocat, maybe offer some wet food from that brand - looking for different textures and proteins.

I feed my cat a rotation of 3-4 brands of wet food, all of which are different proteins and textures. So far she hasn't been too picky on the ones I offer. She definitely has her favourites, but she'll eat anything!

jenniator

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello :),

When buying my cat food, I always use Zooplus since you can order in bulk, it's convenient, fast delivery, and cheap prices. I would recommend any of these wet foods: Thrive, Animonda Carny, Bozita Feline Tetra Pak, Natures Menu, Lily's Kitchen, Catz Finefood, Feringa, Grau, Miamor Ragout Royale, and HiLife. All of them are wonderful quality cat foods, affordable (, but Thrive can be a little pricey), and complete. :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Like @jenniator  I usually use Zooplus too, although have also looked at Amazon. I find Zooplus very prompt and good loyalty discount options.  Selection has been better than supermarkets and pet stores locally and the bulk buy and deliver option suits me.  Depending on where you live though I know some people have found their local stores have had good bulk buy options too.  The brands jenniator has listed all look good to me, the main thing is to make sure it is a complete food and not one of their supplimentary ones.

If you have any cat shows near where you live they usually have pet product suppliers there and the ones I have been to have 3 of 4 of the food makes mentioned above available in individual or bulk at very competitive prices  (along with other pet products like litter and trays).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scallys mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for all your advice, I will definately check out zooplus as I had never heard of it before :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scallys mum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and congrats on your new kitty!

I'm not in the UK (although I wish, I loved my visit last year!), but I can recommend that you feed a variety of wet food. A variety in brands, proteins (chicken, turkey, rabbit, beef etc), and textures can help prevent a cat from becoming picky, and develop intolerances in the future. If your kitty likes Gocat, maybe offer some wet food from that brand - looking for different textures and proteins.

I feed my cat a rotation of 3-4 brands of wet food, all of which are different proteins and textures. So far she hasn't been too picky on the ones I offer. She definitely has her favourites, but she'll eat anything!
Thank you Nora1, does changing the variety not cause diarrhea? I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to the UK :D

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you Nora1, does changing the variety not cause diarrhea? I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to the UK
I was worried about that too, but a lot of other members on this site will say that it shouldn't cause diarrhea. When I started rotating wet foods, I kept an eye on her, as she is sensitive to some foods such as any seafood. As soon as I eliminated any seafood, she was fine! 

If you're nervous about diarrhea, then try rotating weekly, instead of daily. Some members here rotate every 2 weeks. Hopefully it works out for your kitty :)