Types of IBD

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, this website explains types of IBD in simple language. There are lymphocytic, eosinophilic and neutrophilic IBD types. If your kitty was diagnosed with biopsy this explains why some approach work and some don’t.

My question is, biopsy report says my cat has eosinophilic IBD. Does this mean homemade raw is not recommended?

Last edited:

Sajast

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My girl has eosinophilic and so far can only tolerate hydrolyzed proteins. I’m still working on finding a novel protein that doesn’t set her off. Homemade raw with a protein source that they’re not allergic to would probably be fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catmom1234567890

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had no success with hydrolyzed. Gave her explosive diarrhea for a month before I said good bye.

It says eosinophilic can be from intestinal parasite. Doesn’t raw meat have some parasite?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I had no success with hydrolyzed. Gave her explosive diarrhea for a month before I said good bye.

It says eosinophilic can be from intestinal parasite. Doesn’t raw meat have some parasite?
Not all raw meat has parasites, and per that article, I take it to mean that the IBD can be caused from an intestinal parasite that has already been in the cat's system for a long time. I really don't think feeding raw would fit into that category for existing IBD. Maybe someone else will interpret that different though.