Two raised bumps on kittens nose

JamesT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
My kitten, Victor, has two black marks on his nose. He has had them since I got him - to be honest I thought that they were just bits of goop! But they have never gone and now when I look closer they appear to be like moles.

he will be at the vet next week but wondered if anyone has seen anything like this before?

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Such a cutie!! I really have no idea unless they are freckles (lentigo) that are common on lighter skinned cats. Not sure if they are common to show up in such a young cat, but it is possible. See anything similar in Victor's mouth/gums? Usually these freckles will show up other places as well. These freckles can either be flat or slightly raised, but do not hurt when touched. Here (see link below) is an article about them in case it helps any.

But, I do think it is a good idea to point them out to the vet when you take Victor in to see them next week, as it might be something else altogether!
5 Remarkable Facts About Cat Nose Freckles - Catster

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
What a sweet little face! I am guessing from the coloring that Victor is an orange boy. They are quite inclined to get those kinds of bumps and they probably originate from the melanocytes that are in his skin and as such it is a good idea to have the vet take a look.