Two of my (rescue) cats stolen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. I can't believe he got nowhere.
You are certain it is this individual who took the cats right? I'm guessing they can't search the house without probable cause in Ireland as well yeah? Which of them said they will ask around and where?

How frustrating. My heart goes out to you.
I agree. But you know more about me and respect is automatic for us. And this Garda has been made to come. By top officialdom and our very efficient Garda Ombusdman.

I have been here nearly six years and the only time he has been out was to collect the Ballot box after an election. lol...

He now says he will visit every few weeks...

I WAS certain but the Garda said he had a good look round inside and in the garden and surroundings and no sign. I just recalled though that the man said he had no idea my cats were missing and that is a lie as I wrote to him early on on the pretext of offering to find a cat for him as his died just before mine vanished.

As I told him a friend of ours was out here in a campervan snooping for my cats and found them at a house with an old man. The man freaked out when our friend spoke to him and refused to give his name but ???

Think a return visit from our friends is due. shhhhh

I trust cops as little as I trust.... anyone but good to keep on the right side .. especially when they are acting under orders from above after blanking me for weeks.

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. I can't believe he got nowhere.
You are certain it is this individual who took the cats right? I'm guessing they can't search the house without probable cause in Ireland as well yeah? Which of them said they will ask around and where?

How frustrating. My heart goes out to you.
Small island with only around 15 folk so that limits when our friend found the cats with an old man on his own.... It fits him. Please God he did not get spooked and pass them on? I trust this island man not at all and as I told the Garda this one has been threatening and abusing me and stopping anyone working here all my years here. No reaction from the Garda to that but I am hoping he took it in as t was then he said he will be over every few weeks.

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good to stay in the Garda's good graces I agree, in your case for a good reason!
I was also thinking about that, if it might be possible for your friend to make another visit and help you try to sniff around a bit more and see where they are.
As he was a cat owner himself, that speaks to some level of affection for cats so hopefully a good sign he wouldn't hurt them! So maybe he did give them to someone once you started investigating. Maybe your friend could come and try to gather some more intel by the time the garda comes back?

Keeping you and the cats in my thoughts! I can't imagine how hard this must be to go through. You've got this. You will get to the bottom of this.

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks and your idea already planned! Days ago. Just now am dangerously cold and must eg fill a HWB and bury me under bedclothes, The CFS /ME does this.

This man has only aggression for me so that I have cats when his has died will have a bad effect. The Garda knows all this but was deadpan about it, I only relayed the range of his aggression to me this week to the Gardaí. I remain sure he had the cats

Back later; mission GET WARM

BLESS YOU

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ah that is better. Amazing what a nap with a HWB can do...

I had never before seen a Garda in full dress uniform. Really impressive! Lots of gold braid etc. Dominic came to check him out.

After weeks of trying to sort this the event was so sudden. And that helps. He had no car here of course and will have been seen by all walking the lanes looking as he did. Well planned.

I have emailed the Ombudsman with fervent thanks. They have recently been in the news as they are upgrading services etc. Excellent.

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Planning ( maybe dangerous!) a lazy quiet day today. Exhausted, and life out here gets very.... detailed/.. with so few folk. Which is why ,most lie low. Cats all quietly stuffed and asleep. Waiting on others now, but they are totally trustworthy and determined. Hang on in there Boycat and Bella. We will find you and bring you safe home. Is Boycat not a beauty....
Is Bo
CIMG3054.JPG

Last edited:

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Planning ( maybe dangerous!) a lazy quiet day today. Exhausted, and life out here gets very.... detailed/.. with so few folk. Which is why ,most lie low. Cats all quietly stuffed and asleep. Waiting on others now, but they are totally trustworthy and determined. Hang on in there Boycat and Bella. We will find you and bring you safe home. Is Boycat not a beauty....
Is BoView attachment 400348
He sure is gorgeous!
And THAT'S the spirit. Don't let evil people get you down. You will find them and get him back to his loving home!

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
TYVM folks. Very tired as the last few days... not every day I meet with a Garda in full dress uniform...
I had forgotten I had that photo. Hope now is on the men from Dublin, and it was one of them that saw the cats at that man's house I sent the Garda to . If they are still on the island these men will find them

HATE all this. WHY do folk act like this?The one whose house they were at has been totally aggressive to me for no sane reason. The Garda looked all through the house and the garden.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I imagine the Garda just did a walk through - not looking in closets, cupboards etc. If the man knew someone was coming to look for the cats, I think he likely hid them.

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No; this Irish cop knew what he was about; I thought the same as you but he searched house and garden. He knows the few islanders well and this one is a ……And a small house. .The creep will have been panicked by the friend of ours who called on him last week;; would not even give his name- and relocated them. Our friend said he looked terrified .The Garda knows the men here and what they are capable of - he went deadly quiet when I told him the dire deeds this creep has done to me. They are a rough lot with too much freedom out here.
Anyways OUR men will deal with him and others. And they have no idea they are coming so....BIG Dubliners who will take no messing. I think I know who will have them and have passed that on. They will be here for two days in a campervan.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well don't write too much online about plans until you have your cats back. You never know who may read and change their plans. Keeping fingers crossed for you. 🍀

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is actually deeply comforting thinking of the last while; here on the forum and here with the Garda pacing the lanes in full uniform. all to find my beloved cats. Deeply comforting. And whatever happens that will stay with me. All of it. Thank you. An old wisdom says that; we can choose where we look. "Two men looking through prison bars... One saw the mud, the other the stars"

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And so to sleep. My little Oriental-cross is tucked under my knees under the bedclothes as she loves to do. All settled for today. Just a quiet cat-filled night as the light starts to lessen over the ocean. As my namesake. Julian of Norwich assures. "All will be well... all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well." Good night all! May be gone a while as is all too much and not quite everyone is kind and I have no idea how to report posts. Blessings and thanks

Last edited:

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I sent her another email now. I hope she will respond too :(

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'll update if she replies to my email. It also worries me, although she did say in a pm that might be getting off the forum. But not responding to emails either is starting to worry me too.