Two of my (rescue) cats stolen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still storming. Cats being fed extra.. Me too.. Called Canada and as they suggested I have referred Garda to them as they seem set on a cosy chat! They need to call the bad man and tell him to return my cats as a very urgent matter. I used the word EMERGENCY. Cannot believe they have done nothing. Not even called him. Set my Canada family on to them. We suspect this is a very junior Garda. Aiming to placate the old woman.

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Frankly dreading the day ahead. Banging head against a brick wall.... Near tears..Will message the Garda then close down? On email not here . Leave a message of course... Everyone here is fed and sleeping.

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He would not do anything quite so blatantly illegal. I hope. I gather the man with the van intends to be.. quite firm.... with him and I don't think the Gardaí will tell him off either. Small coastal and island communities are clannish. So no use my letting them see I am upset as that would please them. Hit them with legalities and hide the tears. And he already knows I will stand up to bullies as I had to six years ago. I do have some clout here in other ways. But the nights are long and hard just now. Boycat is such a devoted cat. He will sit on me when I am abed as close as he can n get and just gaze into my eyes. I feel like...…

Cannot endure this evil. That anyone can do this and that the Gardaí can just stand by and let it happen? It is just all too much and I am too old and ill. What are they all thinking of? Long dark hpurs now and no help ad np hope as clearly?Not sure what this is all about any moe/ That it is OK to steal? On;y acat after all.. Just all too ,uch

Not giving my location but the Gardaí coverage for here as for several areas etc along the West Coast is Achill Sound linked to Westport. Co Mayo. all apparently as bad as each other.

So sorry to cave in! Had a long talk with extended family in Canada which has helped. And getting the promise of a Garda visit... Everyone will see that , including the man. Jacob cat is snoring under my knees and everyone else is asleep. I miss Boycat so much though..
Not sure if I interpret your "location" correctly and don't want to pry. I used to live on a bigger island in the area you describe before moving to Sicily. I have a lot of contacts there still.
Please PM me. If you are where it sounds like you are(which is where I lived), I can try to get you in touch with some people who might actually help and won't be scared to do so.
I'm sorry for all you are going through, but this grown man bully will not win this.

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
defeated. Spent nearly 2 hours on the phone trying to get some kind of legal help to be stonewalled and forms to fill in and oh there are waiting lists,,over and over gain... buck passing... When di d the world get so utterly callous and inhuman? No one cares. My poor cats. They are as good as dead.

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Spent another while.. talked to the Garda Ombudsman who is the only way I even got Garda attention, then called my neighbour the ferryman and told him the saga. Funny folk these lifelong islanders. If you live out here you have to get on with what few folk there are so things that are wrong get allowed. All that is needed now is to fill in the online legal aid forms. And play the waiting game. My three inside cats are peacefully asleep with full bellies

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My deep fear is that I will never see my stolen cats again and the nights are hard. And that anyone could hate this much.
Hard enough that our cats die.
Listening to Dominic snoring at my feet

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The local garda is coming here on Friday and we think from the wording he intends to get me to drop any complaints etc. ie there are grounds to formalise, action . If this were the man;s first such behaviour to me or less serious and involving vulnerable living critters? But this is the latest in a string of attacks and I have let them go so this time no. This has to stop. And if that means court? We do wonder though if the man is losing it mentally as it is such a bizarre thing to think he could get away with it. The Rescue I had Boycat from still exists so I have proof of ownership .

Attachments

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is there please any way to ID mark a cat/s apart from micro chip s which I cannot access at all? How did folk manage pre chip? Thank you

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Years ago around here pets were tattooed. It was usually done on the inner thigh with some identification which would allow the owner to claim the pet if they were lost or stolen. People used ID like their driver's license number or their Social Security number, both of which would be very risky today. Some people put ID on the pet's ear, but it could be cut off. I suppose it is not out of the question to find a tattoo artist who would still work with a pet, or would do that outside of their regular business.

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No vet records for my cats .. No need for vaccination deep rural or out on the island where we live. And all in rude health thankfully.
Thinking though I can clip a small unobtrusive patch bare? Any small sign that only I know .

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Dog breeders do that around here used to do that they sold puppies who needed to stay with the mom for a longer time. They shaved patches of hair off the puppies in various areas so that they could remember that one buyer was getting the puppy with the shaved patch on the neck, etc. Now all are using microchips from what I understand. But, yes, shaving patches of hair might be a way to identify or claim your pet.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No vet records for my cats .. No need for vaccination deep rural or out on the island where we live.
Aren't they desexed? If so, you could maybe attach pictures of the cat from several angles to their vet record. If not, how do you keep the population reasonable?

There are home ear tattoo kits (used by rabbit breeders but would work for cats) and also home microchip kits, if you aren't squeamish about injections. And while they can be shipped, I don't know about the availability for you specifically, or if that would be affordable. But they do exist anyway.

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Very very tired and increasingly very very unwell.
Hang in there. You GOT THIS. You have done what you can and now it is a horrible waiting game for the garda to come out and help you. They MUST this time.

I am sending you many many positive thoughts and am here, also if you want to continue our PM conversation, if you need to vent, talk to someone.

It's a long hard process but this MAN (I don't like using insults but this one makes me itch real hard to do so) will not win this battle.

Don't give up hope.

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
PLease pray.

The Garda is on the island. We talked at length and he is now on his way up to where the nasty man is. Please God they are there. If he sees the cats he will come back for the crate. PLLEEEEEAAAAASE..

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
PLease pray.

The Garda is on the island. We talked at length and he is now on his way up to where the nasty man is. Please God they are there. If he sees the cats he will come back for the crate. PLLEEEEEAAAAASE..
Seems decent guy even though he had to be dragooned into coming.. VERY smart dress uniform. AND he remembered to wear a mask as i had asked.

PLEASE...

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No luck. The man denies any contact and the Garda tends to believe him. The man says he will ask round. Seems a nice guy and it will help that he has been even witth the helluva fuss I had to make to gt him here. Been out in the wind an dam shaking with cold.

Back to square one and it aches and hurts... BOYCAT> WHERE ARE YOU?

Last edited by a moderator:

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. I can't believe he got nowhere.
You are certain it is this individual who took the cats right? I'm guessing they can't search the house without probable cause in Ireland as well yeah? Which of them said they will ask around and where?

How frustrating. My heart goes out to you.