Two Kittens Spayed /neutered Together

tweetkit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I adopted two 2 month old kittens and they were fixed together two days ago. For the first 24 hours, they were pretty calm and slept all day. However, I think all the medicine wore off and they’re back to being active again. I don’t mind them running around and playing as long as they’re not feeling any discomfort but when they start wrestling that’s when I get worried. The girl cat squeaks whenever my boy cat attacks her and I’m not sure what I should do. I tried separating them but my boy cat will meow profusely. Any advice would be appreciated.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's normal for kittens to engage in rough play. They are also still learning bite inhibition that is what the squeaking is about. Kittens this young have a very small incision for a spay and they recover quickly. As long as you don't see signs of illness or infection I think all is well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tweetkit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's normal for kittens to engage in rough play. They are also still learning bite inhibition that is what the squeaking is about. Kittens this young have a very small incision for a spay and they recover quickly. As long as you don't see signs of illness or infection I think all is well.
Thank you so much for the reply. Definitely a relief to read that it’ll be okay to keep them together.

FeralRussian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel for you. It was an excruciatingly anxious time when I brought my pair home. Gustav recovered quickly and was pouncing on Anais nonstop while she limped back to the road of spunkiness. Because they were still feral it was impossible to check her belly. Probably for the best as it would have been every minute. I took endless photos of her belly, mostly fails.

Kittens are resilient. Breathe. Just keep an eye on her tummy. She’ll let him know when to back off. If he doesn’t she’ll give him a stronger reminder that he’ll finally understand. It’s part of their learning process. Her to develop strength and him to develop understanding. Sometimes it takes a paw swat and solid nip to cement the message.

The main thing is to make sure her incision heals.

Hope to see a pic of these kittens! And updates

tweetkit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel for you. It was an excruciatingly anxious time when I brought my pair home. Gustav recovered quickly and was pouncing on Anais nonstop while she limped back to the road of spunkiness. Because they were still feral it was impossible to check her belly. Probably for the best as it would have been every minute. I took endless photos of her belly, mostly fails.

Kittens are resilient. Breathe. Just keep an eye on her tummy. She’ll let him know when to back off. If he doesn’t she’ll give him a stronger reminder that he’ll finally understand. It’s part of their learning process. Her to develop strength and him to develop understanding. Sometimes it takes a paw swat and solid nip to cement the message.

The main thing is to make sure her incision heals.

Hope to see a pic of these kittens! And updates
I remember when my first two kittens were spayed and neutered I texted the previous owner over and over asking if it was normal. When I brought them home they had a makeshift cone on which was red all over after couple days. In panic I ripped it off thinking it was cutting through their skins. NOPE just the color rubbing off from their cat beds. Since this is the second time around I thought I’ll be more prepared but I guess can’t help being anxious lol. Really appreciate the reassuring words! :)

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah, I had male and female kittens raised together (not siblings) last year, and when they were spayed/neutered they were the same way. The female was actually more active than the male! I worried about that girl. But she recovered just fine, and is still bossing him around now. Just keep a close eye on the incision for any signs of damage, as usual. But it'll probably be just fine.

tweetkit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah, I had male and female kittens raised together (not siblings) last year, and when they were spayed/neutered they were the same way. The female was actually more active than the male! I worried about that girl. But she recovered just fine, and is still bossing him around now. Just keep a close eye on the incision for any signs of damage, as usual. But it'll probably be just fine.
My male cat used to scratch up both my arms and my legs to the point of drawing blood every time . After the surgery, he hasn’t used his claws on me though he does tries to bite my fingers here and there. The girl cat has always been chill and after the surgery she refuses to move unless boy cat is wrestling with her. I gave her the pain meds the vet prescribed and she was foaming at the mouth.
Def can’t wait until these 2 weeks are over.

FeralRussian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I remember when my first two kittens were spayed and neutered I texted the previous owner over and over asking if it was normal. When I brought them home they had a makeshift cone on which was red all over after couple days. In panic I ripped it off thinking it was cutting through their skins. NOPE just the color rubbing off from their cat beds. Since this is the second time around I thought I’ll be more prepared but I guess can’t help being anxious lol. Really appreciate the reassuring words! :)
Oh my gosh but those are two Cute as pie bundles of adorableness!
The things we go through for our felines! Guessing the tri color is the female. So sweet and your handsome tuxedo!

tweetkit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh but those are two Cute as pie bundles of adorableness!
The things we go through for our felines! Guessing the tri color is the female. So sweet and your handsome tuxedo!
Yes the tri color is the female and tuxedo is the male. Babies and kittens are alike in that they are the cutest when sleeping ;)

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are so cute. Those sweet innocent little babies just couldn't possibly get into any kind of trouble could they? No tales are being told on those sweet little angels. Right, and I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

tweetkit

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are so cute. Those sweet innocent little babies just couldn't possibly get into any kind of trouble could they? No tales are being told on those sweet little angels. Right, and I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.
LOL oh course not ~ they totally didn’t knock over a full bowl of dry kibbles making mom vacuum at 2AM or splashed water all over the floor making mom slip and fall. Yes.... they are the cutest when they are sleeping. Can’t wait to get a full night sleep without them shoving their cones into my face.