Two Kittens From Long Ago

SwissMiss

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I was a child our cat had a litter of kittens. If I remember right our mother cat was a gray tabby with white. Two of her 5 kittens were solid bicolors - white and brown. I didn't realize then how rare it was to see a cat with these colors. These 2 kittens didn't have points like a Siamese - they were just bicolors - white and brown. Any idea as to their background or parentage? I was thinking maybe they had some old fashioned Burmese in the mix. Also if anyone has pictures of white and brown kitties that they would like to share I'd love to see them.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Without photos, it’s hard to say, however unsound black solid kittens are commonly mistaken for brown.

Brown isn’t really a specific colour in cats, either — there’s chocolate and cinnamon. Chocolate is extremely rare in randombred cats, but less so than cinnamon. Either is only seen to occur in severely inbred colonies of cats, due to the recessive nature of the genes.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
S SwissMiss
I have seen white and brown tabbies. As the mother was a tabby could they have had very light or undeveloped stripes as kittens, so they looked more solid?
Or if in strong or natural light, black can look more brown. My long haired black cat often has a brown tint in sunlight.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a child our cat had a litter of kittens. If I remember right our mother cat was a gray tabby with white. Two of her 5 kittens were solid bicolors - white and brown. I didn't realize then how rare it was to see a cat with these colors. These 2 kittens didn't have points like a Siamese - they were just bicolors - white and brown. Any idea as to their background or parentage? I was thinking maybe they had some old fashioned Burmese in the mix. Also if anyone has pictures of white and brown kitties that they would like to share I'd love to see them.
I am not sure without pics either but here are some white and brown and brown / cinnamon cat pics I found from searching.

Cat Has Four Kittens with Rare Brown Coat and Kind Family to Help Them Thrive

Brown (Chocolate and Cinnamon) | Veterinary Genetics Laboratory