Two Cats Using One Littler Tray At The Same Time?!

GamesJibson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We currently own two cats, one approx. 8 months old and one approx. 1 year 8 months.

Twice now we've witnessed them both using one litter tray at exactly the same time and I can't seem to find anyone that has had the same situation!

Has anyone else experienced this and know if it's actually something significant? There doesn't appear to be an issue between them when it happens nor do they seem unhappy - I have no idea!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems okay, as long as there is enough room in there for both of them. Do you have two litterboxes?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That IS a new one! They are obviously comfortable enough with each other to do that, it is usually a 'private time'. You are lucky. Now you have to find a big enough tray! :)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen that a couple of times at the shelter, and not just siblings doing it. If the box is big enough and there are no squabbles, just let them be.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They probably just like to copy each other. My boy cat likes to run up and smell what his sister cat did in the litterbox. :D

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellosmiley:

My cat, Parker, LOVES littertime and will jump in the box with Dudley to squeeze one out side by side. Parker is 10 months old and Dudley is 2 years old, and they've been best buddies for the past 6 months. I expect Dudley would rather go to the loo in peace but what can he do, little 'brothers', hey. There is another cat where I live who also puts up with pesky Parker cosying up in the litter tray beside him. Parker also inspects and tidies the litter trays after the other two have been in. All three cats get along remarkably together, which is just as well really.

:celebrate: