Two Cats, Two Breeds?

firecrackerz26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was wondering opinions from folks who know more about breeds myself. Here are my two cats, not purebred of course, I’d appreciate help.
5B4D66EA-B8D6-47C2-8E57-069A691E561F.jpeg
26C8EF09-7CD1-4213-AF2B-6BF36E86C8C2.jpeg

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Without a know history they're both Domestic Longhairs. That goes for over 95% of cats, either longhair or shorthair. I don't see anything that shouts a particular breed to me.

Gorgeous kitties. What are their names?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Black and white domestic longhair, black domestic longhair. No resemblance to any pedigree breeds, the vast majority of cats have no breeds in them.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are they siblings?

Re Blacky. He is all black. The little white spot on chest is a so called locklet or medaljong. Its not a true white spot gene.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

firecrackerz26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank y’all for your help, and your compliments to them.The white one was Belle, we lost her 10 days ago at age 14, and we’re still crushed. But I wanted to try to type her as well.
The black one is Frosty, he’s 14 as well and has thankfully gotten a clean bill of health. He’s 18 lbs of overly sweet and friendly!

we of course don’t know what their parents looked like, but I’ll tell what we know and a couple things folks have mentioned in the past, I know sometimes personality traits are associated with some breeds.

On our Belle-she was a feral kitten rescue. We briefly saw a couple other kittens in her litter, they were white with black and yellow spots, and long haired like her. She could have had numerous things in her, but she was addressed as a Persian mix in her lifetime, even though her nose was not all the way flat, some said it was slightly flatter compared to other breeds. In personality, she was our little ninja. Excellent hunter in the house (those feral genes maybe), dominant force in the house, tended to push Frosty around, but was very sweet, smart, and funny. She’d sit and hiss at the mailman. We miss her desperately.

On our Frosty-he was a found stray in a parking lot, and was terrified. We scooped him up, took him to the vet, she estimated his age at around 3, and we’ve had him 11 years. So we have no clue what his ancestors look like, but a lot of people on him say maybe Maine Coon in him, he does have the mane, size, and he’s definitely a gentle giant that makes friends very easy. Hes overall a laid back sweetheart.Thanks for noticing that dot of white on him!

Though I tend to agree, that they are just longhairs that people think they see partial breeds in them...

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank y’all for your help, and your compliments to them.The white one was Belle, we lost her 10 days ago at age 14, and we’re still crushed. But I wanted to try to type her as well.
The black one is Frosty, he’s 14 as well and has thankfully gotten a clean bill of health. He’s 18 lbs of overly sweet and friendly!

we of course don’t know what their parents looked like, but I’ll tell what we know and a couple things folks have mentioned in the past, I know sometimes personality traits are associated with some breeds.

On our Belle-she was a feral kitten rescue. We briefly saw a couple other kittens in her litter, they were white with black and yellow spots, and long haired like her. She could have had numerous things in her, but she was addressed as a Persian mix in her lifetime, even though her nose was not all the way flat, some said it was slightly flatter compared to other breeds. In personality, she was our little ninja. Excellent hunter in the house (those feral genes maybe), dominant force in the house, tended to push Frosty around, but was very sweet, smart, and funny. She’d sit and hiss at the mailman. We miss her desperately.

On our Frosty-he was a found stray in a parking lot, and was terrified. We scooped him up, took him to the vet, she estimated his age at around 3, and we’ve had him 11 years. So we have no clue what his ancestors look like, but a lot of people on him say maybe Maine Coon in him, he does have the mane, size, and he’s definitely a gentle giant that makes friends very easy. Hes overall a laid back sweetheart.Thanks for noticing that dot of white on him!

Though I tend to agree, that they are just longhairs that people think they see partial breeds in them...
So sorry for your loss of belle ❤ Run free sweet girl 🌈🐈🐾❤
Traditional Persians have a much less flattened face/ nose and originally they looked more similar to the Siberian forest cat’s face look. Frosty’s face looks a bit MC and he certainly meets the weight range. Thanks so much for saving them and loving them ❤

000CD22D-1F33-419A-855D-ECC88AB099BA.jpeg
224766DE-D94B-4B35-B05B-0BAF9A968256.jpeg