Two Cats Hissing @ Each Other More After Moving Homes

JYD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Title says it all. They tended to play & fight a little bit before, but they are hissing at each other a lot more now. They're not wrestling/locking up and physically fighting (they never do that anyway), but just hissing at each other more.

They are 6 years and used to just living with me, but now they are in a bigger townhome and living with two new people: my partner & her daughter.

It's been exactly a month in the new home. Just hoping they will get back to being a little more peaceful with each other and also start warming up to my partner and her daughter.

Any suggestions?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JYD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, J JYD . Welcome to TCS! Have you tried Feliway plug-ins? (Please forgive my spelling). Those would be worth a try.
Yup, I have two; one up & one downstairs, but I probably need to replace them. Thanks for chiming in.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure the stress of moving combined with your partner and her daughter is unsettling for the cats and has stressed them out. I know you said you have been in the new house for a month but this Article has some helpful tips and advice about moving with your cat:
How To Move With Your Cat To A New Home In A Safe Way – TheCatSite Articles
And another helpful Article about stress in cats: Stress in Cats – The Ultimate Guide – TheCatSite Articles

Last but not least, be patient and give the cats time to acclimate to their new surroundings and new humans. Best of luck! :alright:

• Purraise
Reactions: JYD
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

JYD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm sure the stress of moving combined with your partner and her daughter is unsettling for the cats and has stressed them out. I know you said you have been in the new house for a month but this Article has some helpful tips and advice about moving with your cat:
How To Move With Your Cat To A New Home In A Safe Way – TheCatSite Articles
And another helpful Article about stress in cats: Stress in Cats – The Ultimate Guide – TheCatSite Articles

Last but not least, be patient and give the cats time to acclimate to their new surroundings and new humans. Best of luck! :alright:
OK, thank you.

__Dina__

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
having the same issue now! today is day 1 after the move though. not sure how to help them become friendly again! hoping time will ease it