two brothers

idseer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have two 7 year old brothers (same litter) that were neutered at the normal early age. to put it bluntly they often engage in incestuous behavior. they hump each other! there is no discharge but it sure looks like they're 'getting off'. they get along wonderfully otherwise. if one is sleeping or just curled up the other will come up, approach from the back and .... yeah. and they both do this. usually there is a little squealing going on. frankly it's obnoxious to see and i break this up when i see it. but i know they must be doing this when we're not at home. my question is, is this normal? should i not be breaking it up? i've had cats for many years and i've never seen this before. then again i've never had two from the same litter either. these boys are himalayans. they have great temperments and a slightly older maine coon sister who is never involved in this. what should i do (or not do)?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some cats just like to get "happy", even neutered ones. Just let them do their thing. You can offer a cat-sized stufed animal or an old blanket for them but they may just prefer a real body. It could be worse - they could be humping your leg or arm 😳