Two Black Cats & "little One" Say Hello (and Myself Of Course Course)

LilyRae

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
IMG_20180505_142020_747.jpg

I've read through these forums and the countless helpful articles for quite a while now and thought it was time to formally introduce myself and my three felines; Maggie, Tommy and Luna. All three have their own unique stories and continue to inspire me to better myself, learn more and help other cats that face similar hardships. Any and every cat, be it a stray, feral or abandoned, deserve a chance to live a life of dignity, love and compassion. Here are my feline familiars.

IMG_20180429_230845_771.jpg

IMG_20180520_211411_195.jpg

Moving into a new area, Maggie (who was a stray) found me. As an expert rat decapitator, she enjoys leaving rat heads in my courtyard, her other profession includes guarding her territitory (which stretches as far as the eye can see) from high 1positions in the cover of darkness! Currently, she is in the process of becoming an indoor only cat which she has not taken kindly too... At all. Guessed to be around 5 years old, Maggie is a highly intelligent observer, a loving and patient companion who seems to understand me better than any being ever has.
IMG_20171109_221440_085.jpg

IMG_20171103_004726.jpg

IMG_20180424_194036.jpg

IMG_20171220_111739.jpg

Fortunately for Maggie she is a survivor - and very good at it - as she was abandoned when the old houses where our new apartment stands where knocked down... Fortunately for me too! (So large, she has been mistaken for a dog at night on more than one occasion!)

IMG_20180531_224158_479.jpg

IMG_20180520_144612_352.jpg

Tommy started life in a feral colony, nicknamed "little one" for his tiny, scrappy frame when I first met him at around two months old. Having wondered into my neighbours courtyard I overheard her mentioning calling the pound to "Get rid of" my little one and a few of his not so little friends. Having already stolen my heart, I stepped in and promised (with a few white lies) I would fix her 'problem'. For the next 2 months I would sit with Tommy for hours a night. Fattening up his little frame, watching him put on his best racoon act stealing toys for 'later' and slowly but surely gaining his trust.
IMG_20180521_004909.jpg

IMG_20180315_205225.jpg

IMG_20180401_155539.jpg

IMG_20180413_180634.jpg

At around 4 months old he moved permanently into my apartment, still unable to touch him I was just over the moon to share my life with this handsome little boy, it was okay if I never touched him I thought, this was all I needed anyway. Then, over the course of one week my (now not so) little one gave me the honour of a belly rub, then a short pat and now months later loves his head scratches and cheek rubs. My Little One is now a handsome young cat at around 6-7 months old, with the most charming, expressive face. Tommy is an easy-going chap and truly the kindest the kindest soul. He loves his Maggie, even when she is grumpy and new best friend Luna. Oh and my Little One is anything but little now, with huge paws, longest tail and seems to get bigger every time I turn my back!

IMG_20180531_220759_106.jpg

IMG_20180520_142918_808.jpg
MVIMG_20180525_032315-01.jpeg

Last but definitely not least, my newest addition, Luna. Found at just 3 weeks in a cardboard box waiting to be collected with the trash, he spent the next 2 months in a pound, finally a guardian angel sent him a wonderful rescue group who in turn gavr him a quiet foster home, where hopefully he could finally be shown kindness and come out of his very little shell. People came and went yet no one adopted beautiful Luna and sadly his foster carer has to move away. Back at the rescue shelter, despite the love and hard work of the owners, the many cats and the many changes in such a little life was too much for Luna and he withdrew, never coming out of that beautiful shell. Months past and other cats found their forever homes but for a quiet little cat, especially a black one at that, a home doesn't happen quick.
IMG_20180531_220759_111.jpg

IMG_20180519_205134-01.jpeg

IMG_20180525_031952-01.jpeg

Well this is when I fell in love with his big eyes and gorgeous little face whilst looking for a new black kitten addition to give Tommy a new playmate and Maggie some peace from an increasingly ballsy hyper boy! The rest was history as they say and Luna was as good as mine from the first photo. With us for a couple weeks now, Luna quickly came out of his shell, impressing Tommy with his stealthy ninja moves and stealing my heart one little meow at a time. Luna wants to be around the action, following me from one room to the next, a complete cuddle bug with a thundering purr who begs to be held and to be adored. A similar age to Tommy but less than half his size, his sleek, muscular body can scale the highest peaks and with an amazingly intelligent mind, Maggie has a mini me to teach the ways of the black cat! It has been a true blessing to see such a loving and boisterous little friendship blossom between Luna and Tommy and with Maggie slowly warming up to this pint size addition he has completed (for now) our family.

IMG_20180531_094805-01.jpeg

Sorry for the long read, I couldn't do them justice with anything shorter! I please do hope that these three felines and their stories has shown anyone out there that didn't already know, that every cat deserves a chance (or a million) to live a life full of love and care even if they are stray or feral or neglected. I know I'm preaching to choir here and that is why I love this place so much! So hello to everyone! I hope I can help and teach you all as much as you already have me!

:bigeyes: P.s. Black cats have a special place in my beart

Attachments

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
You have lovely photography skills, but they pale in comparison to your stunning subjects! I loved every photo, and their stories are so uniquely them! Welcome!

As an expert rat decapitator, she enjoys leaving rat heads in my courtyard
:lol: I am pretty sure my Olive did this too, although she also left me the tails too! I think it was quite selfish of them to eat all the tasty bits and leave the rest!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
16835B6E-9617-462A-A087-C7290B2D2BC2.gif
LilyRae, Maggie, Tommy and Luna, a warm
47DE0801-C0F0-42EE-8143-C48E5682F496.gif
from all of us 4137B6E4-9B8A-4EDA-B1A3-99FEEA63989F.jpeg here at The Catsite.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Thank you for giving your kitties a warm and fur-ever loving home. They are so beautiful :lovecat2: :lovecat:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Maggie, Tommy and Luna are all beautiful, and so lucky they found their way to you. :catlove: Thanks for sharing their stories. :redheartpump: