Two Bereaved Cats Near Los Angeles Need Homes

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
This is something a lot of us worry about, that our beloved kitties will find themselves homeless if they survive us. George (6) and Gracie (10) find themselves in just that scary situation because their human passed away recently, leaving them in desperate need of a home.
George
George.jpg

Gracie
Gracie.jpg

I learned about them from my daughter, who is friends with the person who is looking out for them now and who is trying to find them a home. They are near Los Angeles so I'm hoping someone in southern California can find room in heart and home to rescue these poor babies. :redheartpump::redheartpump:

Here is the quote from the Facebook post my daughter sent me:

Hi everyone, a very dear friend of mine passed away yesterday and we need to find a home for her two adult cats, George (around 6, the Orange dude) and Gracie (10, a little prickly, and calico). I’m basically being laughed out it every rescue I call, so I’m posting this to social media. Please share far and wide. The cats are now in Granada Hills, and safe, but they desperately need a new forever home. If you are interested or know someone who might be please contact me.

I know those aren't the best pictures of them in the world, but they are probably a bit freaked out. I'm sure anyone interested could ask for more pictures. Please contact me if you think you can help out and I'll put you in touch with their current caretaker. :please:

Many, many thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margd

Veteran
Purraise
I just realized that I should have included the link to the original Facebook post. Even if you can't help these little "orphans" with a home, please consider spreading the news! Facebook, Twitter, Instagram...whatever, everything helps!

And thank you Kat0121 Kat0121 for the bump! :rock:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just realized that I should have included the link to the original Facebook post. Even if you can't help these little "orphans" with a home, please consider spreading the news! Facebook, Twitter, Instagram...whatever, everything helps!

And thank you Kat0121 Kat0121 for the bump! :rock:
TYSM, margd margd (and you, too, Kat0121 Kat0121 ) and sharing to my appropriate facebook pages (3) with love and hope! They are very sweet-looking cats and I pray they find a loving permanent home TOGETHER. (And yes, for anyone wondering, Granada Hills is in Los Angeles County, in the west end of the San Fernando Valley. Just google that.)

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Yes, they found homes together! :bunnydance: Thank you Furballsmom Furballsmom for sending me a PM and reminding me to check in. I'm really sorry that I didn't let everyone know sooner. The same daughter who asked me to post has been having medical "adventures" and I've been totally distracted. I sent her a text asking for more information and will let you know what she finds out. (Note to self: MAKE BIG NOTE TO REMIND YOURSELF you idiot. Your memory is atrocious).

Thank you again, everyone for spreading the word and for all the thoughts, prayers and super TCS vibes :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

:rock:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, they found homes together! :bunnydance: Thank you Furballsmom Furballsmom for sending me a PM and reminding me to check in. I'm really sorry that I didn't let everyone know sooner. The same daughter who asked me to post has been having medical "adventures" and I've been totally distracted. I sent her a text asking for more information and will let you know what she finds out. (Note to self: MAKE BIG NOTE TO REMIND YOURSELF you idiot. Your memory is atrocious).

Thank you again, everyone for spreading the word and for all the thoughts, prayers and super TCS vibes :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

:rock:
We all have way too much stimuli, margd margd -- no apology necessary IMHO, for me anyway! Just so GLAD they have found a loving home together. They look like such sweet cats! (Of course, ALL cats do to me...) I will take the post down on facebook.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Well, I remembered to ask my daughter for more information about George and Gracie's new home but she's having a problem finding out anything. But they do have a home and they are together so that is what counts!

Thank you again, everyone for helping these sweet kitties!