Two and a Half Men with Ashton...

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been waiting to see this premiere and Ashton was great. I will miss Charlie very much but I actually hardly ever watched the show, I mostly watched late night re-runs and found it hysterical. I wasn't sure how Ash would do but the first show was great, he did a fantastic job and kept me in stitches. Of course the show wouldn't be same without Jon Cryer, he's funny as heck. Don't know how long this show will go without Charlie but it started out very good. Anybody else watching.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was only able to check out the second half so I didn't catch the intro to Ashton Kutcher's character..... but it is obvious they are trying to introduce him as an obnoxious, narrow minded, self involved, attention seeking guy yet some how not related to........
If he can pull it off, props to him

Oh yeah, I never watched the show for more then 5 minutes at a time anyway.......never was a fan

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watched 2 1/2 men all the time. That is, until now. I did watch the new one and thought it was HORRIBLE. I can't stand Ashton to begin with but I found his acting to be sort of forced, like he was definitely trying too hard.

It was funny until he showed up though. The women at Charlies funeral...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a fan of Ashton. No one will ever be able to replace Charlie Sheen. While you can't always agree with is personal life, he was great in the role.

IMHO they should have just cancelled the show.

I didn't watch the new season premier. I didn't even know it aired.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The jury's still out for me. I love most of the cast already and Ashton isn't hard to look at. It depends on how funny he is. Judging by the first episode - funny enough to watch, but doesn't compare to the Charlie version.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

The jury's still out for me. I love most of the cast already and Ashton isn't hard to look at. It depends on how funny he is. Judging by the first episode - funny enough to watch, but doesn't compare to the Charlie version.
This I had to share....
The Wikipedia definition.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_and_a_Half_Men
Not even 24 hours after the premiere!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm not a fan of Ashton. No one will ever be able to replace Charlie Sheen. While you can't always agree with is personal life, he was great in the role.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I am a fan of Ashton, but also agree that they should have just canceled the show.
Maybe Charlie Sheen was great playing himself in the role that was written for him year after year, till he thought he was that much better than to even keep up that one and only role he was asked to do, not to mention with a very large paycheck to do so......
I doubt Charlie Sheen could replace Charlie Sheen at this point.......

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

... and Ashton isn't hard to look at...
good god, understatement of the year..who knew what a bod he has (I didn't!). He must work out 3 hours a day, gah, I kept thinking of that scene all day long today
holy toledo wow..

kittehtime

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i dont have dvr so i have to watch shows when they rerun...

BUT ashton is hawt and that works for me

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

I didnt really watch the show much but....

How did they kill off Charlie? Was it an accident or what?
At the funeral Rose claimed he "accidentally" fell off a train platform and was hit by a train.

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
after she found him in the shower with another woman on their honeymoon

I thought it rocked! LOVED it, and I even drooled a little at Ashton and all his nakedness

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuvMyParker

I watched 2 1/2 men all the time. That is, until now. I did watch the new one and thought it was HORRIBLE. I can't stand Ashton to begin with but I found his acting to be sort of forced, like he was definitely trying too hard.

It was funny until he showed up though. The women at Charlies funeral...
I agree!!! I loved the funeral it was funny. The rest of the episode I could have lived without. Allen as a character was always funny and it was kinda lame that now he was the funniest one on the show. We are gonna give it a go for the next episode and from there decide if its even worth takin up space on the DVR. We LOVE Two and a Half Men even have it on DVD but its pretty bad when DF who obsessively watches and laughs at every episode immediately deleted it off the dvr when we were done watching..Normally he will save it to watch again.

I do find it really funny that Charlie Sheen is pretty much begging for his job back..again. Sobriety does funny things to some people.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I've watched it, but not regularly. I did tune in on Monday night, but didn't watch very much of the show. (I was impatiently waiting for the new Hawaii 5-0 at 10:00)

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Long ago, during its first season or two, the show was just great... but over time, it has become almost exclusively focused on sex and bathroom jokes. I can take a bit of the former, but the latter just puts me right off. But when it was good, it was very, very good! Remember the "Oshikuru" episode? Now that was FUN!

Charlie Sheen has a brilliant comedic mind -- I hope somebody can get him into serious treatment for the drugs and for the mental illness as well. But for better or worse, he's always fascinating to watch. Ashton Kutcher... not so much. I like the character he's playing, though. It could work.