Twin Rabbits

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Happy Birthday, Bunnies! I see Link in one of the pictures. Was Link very jealous of the attention? Great photos!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They buns still get plenty of outdoor time. We are in southern california so the weather has been pretty warm lately, still in the 80F range. Frodo recently got a strawberry plant and strawberry actually.

20220904_120616.jpg
20220915_071453.jpg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They buns still get plenty of outdoor time. We are in southern california so the weather has been pretty warm lately, still in the 80F range. Frodo recently got a strawberry plant and strawberry actually.

View attachment 433277View attachment 433278
Yeah that's a happy boy for sure. :heartshape: :cloud9:

There's a wild bunny that lives near me and he stops by to graze on my lawn pretty often. He ( I call him a he but who knows for sure) isn't tame of course but he's really not afraid of me either. I see him a lot at night and he doesn't run from me at all. He's ok with me getting within a few feet of him. I just chat at him. I say hello and that I'm glad to see him and I'm glad we're friends. I always tell him to be careful and to stay out of the street. Every time I see him I think of Peter. Our super TCS bunny mascot. :rbheart:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Gladys was caught red pawed eating the bush in her area.

20221015_093516.jpg
20221015_093541.jpg
20221015_093539.jpg
20221015_093535.jpg

Although, let's be honest, if she really wasn't allowed to eat it, it would be taken out of the area. It just would be nice if she left a little more of the plant behind.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do the buns get special treats during the holiday season?
Sort of... we did our families Thanksgiving over the weekend (family scheduling issues). The buns both got all the bunny friendly odds and ends from meal prep including carrot shavings, brussle sprouts stalk pieces, celery, various fresh herbs, broccoli ends, lettuce core, and basically anything else they can eat. Some we moderated because gas and tummy mindfulness but they got a lot more than normal.

For Thanksgiving itself, I did get some pumpkin biscuits from the local bunny rescue for them to munch on. But..

Gladys found her way onto the hay shelf and gorged herself on alfafa last week so she might only get a half biscuit. She gave herself an upset tummy; not bad enough to need vet care but she got prebiotic supplements, thyme and mint for a few days before everything settled down. Here is the aftermath:

IMG_20221123_075200.jpg

We think she used the carrier (they got the RHVD2 booster last week and my Mom left the carrier for her to play in). Pulled down the bag of hay that was blocking the shelf (laying on bed in back right of photo) and jumped up on the shelf from the carrier. She then climbed over the other bag of hay to get to the shelf with the alfafa. She knocked off the bag of litter/bedding so she could stretch out on the shelf.

I moved all the stuff around and took away her shelf access but she got mad about that (you can also see where she tore up the shelf a little in this picture). So I caved in and gave her back shelf access without the alfafa there this week. She was not amused about the lack of alfafa but it's called a compromise, she gets the shelf but she doesn't get to eat herself sick on alfafa.

20221120_072259.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I didn’t know buns were mountaineers or even HAD temper tantrums! Maybe you should change her name to Tenzig Norgay! :lol:
Bunnies give cats a run for their money when it comes to attitude. Half the sense and twice the sass.

20221123_132947.jpg