Twin Rabbits

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - in post #175, the waterer that is behind Gladys was one style I was considering for my cat. What do you think of it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi - in post #175, the waterer that is behind Gladys was one style I was considering for my cat. What do you think of it?
I like it. I have the glass bottom version because I like it better and I did originally get it for the cats but bunnies stole it. The bottle clicks in nicely and it doesn't drip carrying it around when I need to refill it. I love the wide mouth bottle for cleaning that, although even using mine outside ive never gotten mold in the bottle. You can get stuff between the base and dish like dirt, trapped water or mold if you aren't careful but it comes apart to clean so its just making sure all parts are clean and dry putting it together after cleaning. Also need a brush cleaner to really get into the bottom part for deep cleaning (small narrow part otherwise inaccesible). You do have to be careful that is on a flat relatively level surface. I'd rate it 8/10.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The weather here has been very nice the last few days. The bunnies have gotten both roses and strawberries from the garden as treats.

20220421_180043.jpg
20220428_183934.jpg
20220428_183950.jpg

I also did a clean up of the bunnies plants so they got a bunch of plants that aren't re-growing well. Basically, I buy potted herbs and greens for the rabbits to eat. I let the buns nibble them down then pull the plant from their reach. I let the plant regrow then the buns get it again. After a few cycles, usually 4-6 months, the plant doesn't grown back as well. At that point, the buns get the plant to eat down to nubs. After which, I add the soil into the compost and recycle the pots. The whole cycle gives the buns living plants which gives them a healthy treat and mental engagement.

20220501_101806.jpg
20220501_101747.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The rose that Gladys is munching on is absolutely gorgeous. 🌹 She's one lucky bunny! And Frodo looks content to munch on greens.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Frodo is not a cuddle bunny but he is a happy relaxed little guy. He's also very interested in the cats and I think he is picking up some napping habits.

What ya doing Link?
20220503_184006.jpg

Napping?
20220504_123331.jpg

Okay, nap time!
20220504_123253.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Does it work in reverse? Is the cat hopping?
Link (the cat) seems to see Frodo as a small cat that he likes to pat through the fence. The photo I caught him mid movement. He turned around and went to take a nap on the chair just out of frame.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Gladys got another rose last night. And yes, her area is a little messy. She loves tossing around the plant container and the sticks were in a bundle. Rabbits are little tornados in a fluffy package.

20220506_171811.jpg
20220506_171755.jpg

Frodo meanwhile decided to take in the view.

20220507_065432.jpg
20220507_065513.jpg

We are going to (try) reintroduce them to each other again in the fall. My schedule just won't have enough time to dedicate to introducing them until then. The good news is they are both fine in their respective areas until then. I wish it could be sooner but I need help and help won't be avilable until then.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's a nice overcast day here so I decided to set up the 3 foot and let Gladys run around some. I sat on the back porch to keep an eye on her, make sure she was doing okay. After about 20 minutes I heard a lot of rustling and look up to find Gladys had jumped her fencing. She went over to say hi to Frodo then started exploring. Since I do have not bunny safe plants out in the yard she got scooped up to go back to her normal space.

20220508_094921.jpg
20220508_094851.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Gladys is a destructive demon child of a tornado spirit. Tonight, I went to check on her and noticed her tossing around a thick plastic tubing that was previously attached to something. She had chewed it off the water tube it was protecting. Then chewed the water tube into pieces. Probably over a few days and I just missed it. I was cleaning up and noticed she also chewed the electric cord leading to a walkway light that had been tucked behind a pillar. Then I went to trigger the sprinkler system because I could find lots of chunks of tubing but no tubing attached to the water system. Coming back, I couldn't get in because she also chewed off the rope to open the latch from outside her area so I had to go around. But I found the tubing! She chewed it all the way down to the gravel...

20220517_180636.jpg

Unburied the water line, capped it and buried it. Cleaned up all the destroyed items and gave her new toys.

There is a risk of blockage but i am fairly certain shes been working on it for a few days. It would explain her decreased appetite lately, I thought it was shedding season or the heat lately. Either of those could still be the reason she is eating less. She has been eating hay, her pellets and fresh veggies just not as much of the fresh plants I gave her this weekend. She's always been less inclined to overeat than Frodo. I'll have to keep an eye on her for the next week or so. Cleaned her litter box to make sure she is pooping good. I'll have to clean it every 24 hours for the next week to keep an eye om her poop production. She has twice her body weight in hay avilable already. She's getting some black oil sunflower seeds and fresh thyme to help keep things moving too. I also have pumpkin biscuits that she likes which can help.Both the children do have a grooming appointment set up for this weekend. So if the decreased appetite is shedding related I'll get that item sorted as well.

Bunnies. Cute, adorable, demon spawn.

20220515_193234.jpg

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The demon spawn has a litter box full of good looking poop and a good appetite. She got a branch of our blackberry plant just to check. And yes, it has thorns. Rabbits can eat plants with thorns. Which I am taking as more proof of her origins right now.

20220518_192334.jpg

Please note, I do love Gladys and I don't literally think she is demon spawn. It's a very loving cursing her name going on right now. I was fully aware of how destructive rabbits can be before I got her and was ready for it. Well as ready as someone can be, everytime she does something I just shake my head as I clean up after her.