Twice Abandoned

RoMay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I've been on here about Loki. This obviously isn't about him it is about his out door nemesis. As much as I HATE the outdoor cat tormenting him, I feel bad for the guy. He's now been twice abandoned. For most of his life he was cared for by an old woman who passed, her family tossed the cat out of the house. New family moved into the house and took in the cat after it refused to leave property. Family got evicted and yet again this cat got abandoned. He still sits patiently waiting at the end of the drive for anyone to come home. Tonight he almost got flattened by a neighbor who was aiming for him. Animal control won't take him, unless we trap him... We don't have any traps. Even then we have to take him in to surrender. Given his adult age he'd probably be euthanized. So does anyone around the Santa Ana, CA area know anyone who would come pick up an adult cat?

And we know he's abandoned without anyone to care for him because his weight is dropping. It seems this time he's not doing as well as the first time he was abandoned. Also the son of the deceased lady who owned him the first time came around and shows nothing but contempt for his cat. His idea is for the neighbors to just kill it. >_<

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh that poor guy! That's just horrible.

If he's used to being fed at that house it would be easy enough to trap him with a carrier. Could you start going over and feeding him, then gradually coax him into a carrier?

DON'T take him to Animal Control, they will have him PTS. You need to find a No Kill shelter who will re-home him. I'm not in the US but maybe catwoman707 catwoman707 or Kieka Kieka know of something in your area.

Thank you for caring about this boy. It sounds like you're his only hope.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RoMay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh that poor guy! That's just horrible.

If he's used to being fed at that house it would be easy enough to trap him with a carrier. Could you start going over and feeding him, then gradually coax him into a carrier?

DON'T take him to Animal Control, they will have him PTS. You need to find a No Kill shelter who will re-home him. I'm not in the US but maybe catwoman707 catwoman707 or Kieka Kieka know of something in your area.

Thank you for caring about this boy. It sounds like you're his only hope.
We'd have to have a place for it to go before I tempted the carrier. Even in the garage Loki won't have this guy that close without licking himself bald. If we catch him and he doesn't have a place it's the the pound he goes. He's house trained we know that, he's just an indoor/outdoor cat twice dumped.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't personally know of any in or around Santa Ana. I know Orange County in general has several no kill shelters. I'd recommend calling some of the no kill groups and explaining what is going on.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi RoMay.

This is just beyond sad!

Animal Control should not be the go-to for this little one...........

I just used Mr. Google.......there are LOTS of cat rescue organizations in your area.

Google exactly this: "cat rescue in Santa Ana, CA".

Rescues will have traps and skilled staffers/volunteers who will be able to step in and help you.

Please post back and let us know what happens !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RoMay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi RoMay.

This is just beyond sad!

Animal Control should not be the go-to for this little one...........

I just used Mr. Google.......there are LOTS of cat rescue organizations in your area.

Google exactly this: "cat rescue in Santa Ana, CA".

Rescues will have traps and skilled staffers/volunteers who will be able to step in and help you.

Please post back and let us know what happens !
I sent out a few emails hopefully I can hear back from someone who will care. I can't comprehend how people can just up and dump a cat outdoors and wish it good luck.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
This is what I think happened to Jeff. An elderly couple who lived down the road just loved cats, anytime I would pass by their house, I would see a porchful of kitties. When they passed away their kids came in and gathered up the cats- but left Jeff behind to fend on her own. I don't blame them, they probably didn't even know she existed because she was so fearful of humans and would hide everytime she saw one.. But I do wish people would make arrangements for the care of their cats if anything should happen to them.

"Tonight he almost got flattened by a neighbor who was aiming for him."

WTH?! Is that guy off his medication?!

"And we know he's abandoned without anyone to care for him because his weight is dropping. It seems this time he's not doing as well as the first time he was abandoned."

Please feed him- it won"t cost your feline baby anything if you throw a few morsels of food in the direction of that poor kitty.

"Also the son of the deceased lady who owned him the first time came around and shows nothing but contempt for his cat. His idea is for the neighbors to just kill it." >_<
[/QUOTE]

Nice kid- I'm sure we'll be reading about him someday.

Last edited:

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
[
So got in contact with one shelter-there full. They'll try network and try to find placement for the cat. They asked for photos so hopefully there is no change to him sitting at the end of teh drive tonight.

jefferd18 jefferd18 it's a she and yes I am pretty certain she is off her meds.
Thank you for taking the steps to help him.

That woman is sick and her actions need to be reported. The crappy cop-out that "it's just a cat" needs to stop right now! Somebody with the mentality of wanting to cause a helpless little animal great suffering and pain, does not need to be behind the wheel of a car.

If I were there I would take that feline in a heartbeat, I have no doubt that he will make somebody a wonderful companion. Wishing kitty all the luck in the world.