TV for Cats

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else put on videos for cats? I have a morning routine with my cats that includes me turning on a video of birds or mice for them in the morning when I sit and eat my breakfast. They all sit there and stare at the TV and often have a try at attacking it. It looks a lot like this (actually, the video playing in this is one of the youtube videos I play for them!):

I don't leave it on nearly as long as the guy in this video (4 hours!) but it gives me a break in the morning to eat my breakfast while they're occupied (they tend to be very hyper in the morning).

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to, but Austin already has a very bad habit of scratching on the screen. I don't want to encourage him by putting a video on with birds and squirrels.

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine like it, but they hardly ever get to watch it. Since I don't own a television, all I have is my laptop. They tend to be kind of interactive bird watchers, and I don't want them doing to my laptop what they've done to the blinds by their bird watching post.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats don't seem to be interested in TV. The only thing that ever interested them was hockey games, and then not terribly much.
Boone and Gracie love hockey as you can see. Boone was actually named after Boone Jenner from the Columbus Blue Jackets. Not a fan of his but I always thought he had such a cool name. We were having trouble coming up with a boy name so I pitched Boone and it was a winner!
20200808_161701.jpg

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
mine liked them but her attention only last about 10 minutes. she was always interested, started sniffing the tablet, then peeking behind it and found nothing, realized it's fake and lost interest.