Tuxedo Cats ;)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've only just noticed that Blighty looks like he is wearing a white bow tie.

Very dapper.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Posted this in crossing the bridge but hey, she's a tuxedo cat..so figured I'd post it here too :)

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

csts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I love tuxedos! I'm partial to them because during my experience volunteering at the shelter, the tuxedos and the all-black cats were the friendliest. This is my Char-Char (Charvone), the first cat I and my husband adopted. His parents, Dolly and Onny, were both full tuxedos. To be honest, Sakura, our torbie, has a more of a tuxedo than Charvone but she is already in the tortie/calico thread. As I wrote in my introductory post, we joke that Charvone ripped his tuxedo playing "Tuxedo Mask" or "Zorro".

Before we adopted him at 9 months old and the day we brought him home last year in May, at 10 months old:

Char-Char had quite a bit of a growth spurt since we adopted him. Here's a size comparison between May and October of last year, where he's sitting in the same box.

More recent pictures"

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love black and white cats , I have a real soft spot for them.

A friend told me recently that black and whites are the least popular when it comes to choosing a kitten or cat , I told her that was crazy.

Anyone else heard they are not popular ?

I've always found them to be among the sweetest natured and most intelligent of cats.

My Ruby is my second black and white she is such a character , she cracks me up everyday with her antics

ladyd3713

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a general question:  Are all black and white kitties called Tuxedos and are Tuxedos considered a breed?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Tuxedo is a type of color. Technically, they're called bi-color- I believe. But Tuxedo is a general name for black and white kitties.. not a breed :)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love black and white cats , I have a real soft spot for them.
A friend told me recently that black and whites are the least popular when it comes to choosing a kitten or cat , I told her that was crazy.
Anyone else heard they are not popular ?
I've always found them to be among the sweetest natured and most intelligent of cats.
My Ruby is my second black and white she is such a character , she cracks me up everyday with her antics :rbheart:

I see no one ever answered you. Black cats and black and white cats, black dogs and black and white dogs are the most unpopular of all the cats and dogs in shelters. I have no idea why. I love my black and white street cat.

merlin2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's really sad Stewball our little black and white fur friends should be overlooked in this way.

It's a kind of Cat/Dog discrimination , if it happened in the human world it would be called racism.

Now I am wondering how many black and whites and blacks are put to sleep because so called pet lovers choose a different coloured cat or dog.

We should love all our fur friends equally.

When friends say they are thinking of getting a kitten I am going to tell them to get a black or black and white one and explain there is this prejudice in the cat and dog world.

Funny how one of the most popular animals the Panda is black and white , people don't turn their nose up at them.

Blighty is a beautiful cat Stewball 

catergic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I thought a tuxedo cat was mostly black, with a white bib at the neck and white paws. As in black suit, white shirt, gloves & shoes!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's really sad Stewball our little black and white fur friends should be overlooked in this way.
It's a kind of Cat/Dog discrimination , if it happened in the human world it would be called racism.
Now I am wondering how many black and whites and blacks are put to sleep because so called pet lovers choose a different coloured cat or dog.
We should love all our fur friends equally.
When friends say they are thinking of getting a kitten I am going to tell them to get a black or black and white one and explain there is this prejudice in the cat and dog world.
Funny how one of the most popular animals the Panda is black and white , people don't turn their nose up at them.
Blighty is a beautiful cat Stewball :rbheart:

My little black and white  sweetheart
Ruby :catguy:

She's gorgeous. My first cat was more white and black. I don't understand people.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

catergic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks betsygee. My torty queen passed on white bib and paws to all her kittens whatever their color, and while with me she had five gorgeous tuxedo boys and girls! Their tummies tended to have an unbuttoned thing going on, and they all seemed to be wearing white bikini panties!