Turtle makes a friend :)

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I guess her name is Turtle....I tried so hard to convince the boys to name her Lickity but they HAD to have Turtle, apparently Turtle is Judy Bloom's dog (I think thats what they said) and she has another animal named Dribble and we named our hamster Dribble so I guess we're sticking with the Jusy Bloom theme....haha.

So Turtle met a new friend this morning, SORRY for the blurry pics, my camera sucks now, used to be so good but it's 6 yrs old now and just isn't the same, anyways they're still cute!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A bath is exhausting so now it's nap time!

Sorry I had to put them all in seperate posts, usually I can get them all in one but it's not co-operating this morning, LOl

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She really is, she's soooooo stinkin cute and HATES being alone. She just follows us all around the house and Ollie is her Mama...he's been teaching her lots and showing her the ropes, it amazes me how he has taken to this little baby

This picture is hideous....and I can't believe I am posting it but here we are together....you can see up my nose and I had to get my eyebrows waxed...not to mention I just got out of the tub after a long day and I am in my jammies, hahahahaha anyways look how precious she is!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, she's too adorable!! so squishable!

As for the name.. I actually remember the story about Turtle the dog written by Judy Bloom.. "Super Fudge" I think it was called?

Fudge, a little boy, ate his older brother's, Peter's, pet turtle. Naturally, the turtle did not survive and Peter was really upset.. so his parents surprised Peter with a dog.. and Peter called him Turtle.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I believe so, yes! lol. the book was called "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing"

Last edited:

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that you've given me a recap I vaguely remember Corbin reading this book to me last year for school....he had to read every night for 20 mins and I remember Fudge eating the turtle, haha.

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found it
The final chapter is devoted to Fudge somehow swallowing Peter's beloved pet turtle, Dribble, whole. Peter has difficulty accepting the loss of his turtle (which died after Fudge ate it), but later shows he cares for and loves his brother when he learns that Fudge may need surgery to remove the turtle from his stomach. All turns out well. Medicine that Fudge had been given (to vomit up Dribble's remains) works, and he makes a quick recovery. At the end of the book, Peter gets a pet dog, which he names Turtle to remind him of his first pet.
It's Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_a_Fourth_Grade_Nothing

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I guess my Turtle doesn't mind sharing the forum with another Turtle...since she is soooooooooo darn CUTE!!!

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kailie, she's just starting to show her character, she just started playing within the last few days, it's so great to watch her, she is turning everything into a toy and I love it! 

Yup, there's 2 Turtle's now, haha did you get your Turtle's name from Judy Bloom as well?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
It is amazing the difference in this little girl. In the very first picture you had posted of her when she was still at the farm, she almost looked like she was begging for somebody to please save her. She just seemed so scared. And now? She's blooming, there's just no other word for it. She's a beautiful little girl and now she has such a good life. She'll be a gorgeous adult kitty, too. Thank you, just thank you. I got a little teary-eyed looking at those pictures. She just looks so darn happy now.

I remember my son reading Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing when he was little.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG- I can't believe how quickly she has settled in !!!! :D She is just a riot and you are having so much fun with this little darling girl :clap::clap::clap: I just adore her name Turtle . Too cute for words :D :clap:

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  Absolutely love her, she is adorable! Have to say my favorite pictures are the mirror pics. That was her first introduction to her 2 dimensional twin
? I actually did a photo shoot with Maia the first time I introduced her to a mirror and it was unforgettable! Some of my favorite pictures of her, and this is when I realized I had a very smart kitten on my hands! She figured it out in minutes,thank god I had the camera ready I would have missed it!

Here a a couple of the pictures I caught......

Isn't it these little moments that just make all the bad crap in life go away!