Tucker's Freeze Dried Raw

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Is anyone familiar with the brand Tucker's Freeze Dried Raw? I had not heard of them until now and was just curious what people thought about this cat food.
FOR CAT | Tucker's Raw Frozen

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks like frozen raw food not freeze dried. I've never heard of the brand or seen it but would be willing to give the non-chicken varieties a try if a store can get some. I took a look at the store locator and the stores near me that sell the brand only sell the raw bones or raw dog food :ohwell: Maybe the frozen food for cats is new?

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took a look at the store locator and the stores near me that sell the brand only sell the raw bones or raw dog food :ohwell: Maybe the frozen food for cats is new?
Same thing here. I'd be willing to try it, too, because I'm feeding primarily Dawrin's right now but have been concerned about the bone content. I sent them a email. We''ll see what happens. Thanks for the intel, neely!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same thing here. I'd be willing to try it, too, because I'm feeding primarily Dawrin's right now but have been concerned about the bone content. I sent them a email. We''ll see what happens. Thanks for the intel, neely!
Yes, the bone content looks promisingly low!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And each patty is individually wrapped. No more big blocks of frozen patties or nuggets stuck together in the bag :yess: The vacuum sealed wrappers should help prevent freezer burn, too.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And each patty is individually wrapped. No more big blocks of frozen patties or nuggets stuck together in the bag :yess: The vacuum sealed wrappers should help prevent freezer burn, too.
Wow! Freezer burn has been a problem with Stella & Chewy's.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dang, they still haven't responded to my email. I've called the local stores listed on their site and they only carry dog food. I know I sound like a typical cat person but why are cats treated like red-headed step-children??!! (lol)

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right?? There are pet stores that cater solely to dogs. Why not a pet store that caters to cats?
I've sometimes thought that I'd love to be able to go to a store that sold cat supplies and books. And had a coffee bar with good (chocolaty) snacks.
😊

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the email I got. I asked for samples

Thank you for reaching out. We actually launched freeze-dried in March of this year:FREEZE DRIED DIETS | Tucker's Raw Frozen. We are working to get it into all our current retail stores, if your store does not currently offer it they have the ability to order it weekly.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So the frozen raw cat food is new too? The pet store I buy NV raw from only carries the frozen raw bones for dogs but if they have the ability to order Tucker products, they should be able to get the cat food as well.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
So the frozen raw cat food is new too? The pet store I buy NV raw from only carries the frozen raw bones for dogs but if they have the ability to order Tucker products, they should be able to get the cat food as well.
[/QUOT
Just realized no freeze dried for cats but I emailed them again and they are planning on having it in the future.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My guys had this and didn’t like it. It’s very finely ground and I think they have a problem with it, they are used to having some little chunks that can be recognized as meat. I think there’s a lot of pumpkin in it too as even the colour was “pumpkish” :) But the packaging works great as there were no freezer burns at all.
it seems to me that my guys don’t like food that was HPPed, as they don’t like Lotus, Stella&Chewy, Primal, TikiCat, basically anything from big-ish players. I wonder if HPP changes the taste/texture.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My guys had this and didn’t like it. It’s very finely ground and I think they have a problem with it, they are used to having some little chunks that can be recognized as meat. I think there’s a lot of pumpkin in it too as even the colour was “pumpkish” :) But the packaging works great as there were no freezer burns at all.
it seems to me that my guys don’t like food that was HPPed, as they don’t like Lotus, Stella&Chewy, Primal, TikiCat, basically anything from big-ish players. I wonder if HPP changes the taste/texture.
This is interesting, She's a witch She's a witch ! Our cats seem to like HPP and nonHPP, and they couldn't care less about grind, as long as they get fed. 😊 Ireland tends to get constipated so the pumpkin would be a big plus.