Trying to figure out what breed my Smokey is...

K2thaLove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My mother got him when he was about 8 weeks . Well my mother just passed last December so I inherited Smokey and I love him as if he was one of my kids he's so clever and his personality is amazing. He is just a little over 2 years old now and a very big boy and I remember my mother saying something about him being part lynx. So if anyone has a good idea what he could be mixed with I would love to know Thank you.
IMG_20220407_021012053.jpg
20220119_205316.jpg
IMG_20220407_021047489.jpg

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
There’s no proof cats can interbreed with lynx — it’s currently thought to be impossible. Perhaps your mother mentioned he was a seal lynx (black tabby point) bicolour? Was he lighter in color when younger? He’s a lovely domestic shorthair, no particular breed or mix of breeds, and he looks like he may need to lose a bit of weight, which is partially contributing to his size.
I’m sorry for your loss, and hope you have many wonderful years with your kitty.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its not very visible on this photos, but I think he has blue / bluish eyes?

IF so, I think he is a point. This is often not very visible on points with tabby pattern. And being also tabby, he will be described as a lynx point.... this is surely why the lynx word comes... Your ma perhaps also said he is part siamese, so its why these wording of part and lynx are hanging around in your memory.

domestic shorthair, lynx point and white.

May be compared to a pet quality british shorthair, with his face and rather stocky body... BS may be quite big, even if nowhere near the big breeds of MCO or Norwwegian. And yeah, although BS arent renowned for being points, this coloration is allowed.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother got him when he was about 8 weeks . Well my mother just passed last December so I inherited Smokey and I love him as if he was one of my kids he's so clever and his personality is amazing. He is just a little over 2 years old now and a very big boy and I remember my mother saying something about him being part lynx. So if anyone has a good idea what he could be mixed with I would love to know Thank you.View attachment 420298View attachment 420299View attachment 420300
I am so sorry for the loss of your mom 😿 that is great you are taking care of her boy. ❤

He is a beauty 😻 for look a like he does look a bit BS to me too. And she prolly meant he is a lynx point. His eyes do look blue - gray, so he could be pointed or he could be a bicolor brown tabby with white and the white in his face gave him blue eyes. Officially he is a dsh biclor brown mackerel tabby I think.

makeuplover8

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Likely a domestic short hair. I know a lot of shelters call similar looking cats as Siamese mix.