Try, try again!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
You've no doubt heard the old saying, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." Well today it actually came true! Ever since I switched Carleton to wet food a little over two years ago he ate it but not with much gusto and longed for his dry food which he gets as a snack before bed. I hate to think how much I spent on trying different brands, varieties, etc. My husband complained I was throwing good money out but I persisted. He's been doing a little better the past few months but today he practically licked the platter clean. I'm so glad I didn't give up and wanted to let others know that there's hope if you're trying to transition your cat over to wet food. Here's a pic with the proof.

IMG_0971.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Great! What food does he like?
Pure Vita turkey entree. When we adopted him his teeth were in deplorable condition, i.e. cracked and/or missing plus he had FORL. He's had two dental surgeries and only has one tooth left in his mouth so pate works best for him.

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's the exact food I've been using for my kibble loving old cat! We are only about 3 months into the transition and some days it's like pulling teeth. Glad to see it's possible to have light at the end of the tunnel!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
That's the exact food I've been using for my kibble loving old cat! We are only about 3 months into the transition and some days it's like pulling teeth. Glad to see it's possible to have light at the end of the tunnel!
Trust me, I completely understand what you're going through. Just when I thought I found the right wet food for him he stopped eating it completely. The Pure Vita was the only one he would come back to and nibble on so I persisted. Good luck and please let us know if you are successful. :goodluck: