Tru Catch Traps

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just a heads up. I have an open order for a trap from Tru Catch. The size of the entry is larger than any other and it has great reviews on the web. Unfortunately after not having my emails or phone message answered after wanting to add to my order, I checked the BBB in South Dakota and they have an "F" rating. Complaints are from people who have had open orders for months with no response, or poor response from the company.

MackerelTabbyStripes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When did you open the order? I ordered one from them in July, and the website seemed to indicate that it was out of stock and would be on backorder. But it shipped just a couple weeks later without any problems and I got it not too long after that. This seems to be the normal experience with TruCatch around the local TNR Facebook community.

I'm sorry they aren't being responsive and you can't adjust your order... :( I hope they get back to you soon and you get the trap you need. They are really high-quality, safe traps.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
A few months ago my neighbor had a huge problem with skunks who moved under her house.....fault of the construction company she used which left without securing window wells and vent screens. She finally had to contact a humane animal removal company to relocate the skunks and they used TruCatch. First time I ever saw it and I was very impressed with how much easier they were to use. I am the one who released all non-skunk animals who wandered into the trap. As for trying to get one, I found a smaller sized one at Walmart online but it was iffy about whether or not they had it and it was backordered, then it wasn't backordered. I did not need a new one, so just cancelled the order but would still like to get one in the future. Way easier to use than the numerous Havahart I own.

Site currently says 4 to 9 week lead time on orders.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When did you open the order? I ordered one from them in July, and the website seemed to indicate that it was out of stock and would be on backorder. But it shipped just a couple weeks later without any problems and I got it not too long after that. This seems to be the normal experience with TruCatch around the local TNR Facebook community.

I'm sorry they aren't being responsive and you can't adjust your order... :( I hope they get back to you soon and you get the trap you need. They are really high-quality, safe traps.
That's good to hear (that you got your trap.) I just called and spoke with a nice man that cancelled my order and immediately sent me a confirmation. Maybe I should have waited a bit, but one site showed that the President and Vice President had been removed in April and I was afraid that the company was insolvent or had been sold.

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A few months ago my neighbor had a huge problem with skunks who moved under her house.....fault of the construction company she used which left without securing window wells and vent screens. She finally had to contact a humane animal removal company to relocate the skunks and they used TruCatch. First time I ever saw it and I was very impressed with how much easier they were to use. I am the one who released all non-skunk animals who wandered into the trap. As for trying to get one, I found a smaller sized one at Walmart online but it was iffy about whether or not they had it and it was backordered, then it wasn't backordered. I did not need a new one, so just cancelled the order but would still like to get one in the future. Way easier to use than the numerous Havahart I own.

Site currently says 4 to 9 week lead time on orders.
I loved the dimensions and design. They were also the only company that I could find here in the US that had a top loading metal mesh carrier. I had wanted to get that as well. I hope in the future lead times and staffing shortages are sorted.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is too bad to hear. I have a Tru Catch trap and it is the best trap I have ever owned. So easy to use and I love how quiet it is when it "slams" shut. I had a few cats over the years that I could not trap with my regular Tomahawk trap. It was a winner each time with the Tru Catch. I have had mine for many years, but even all those years ago I had to wait over a month for delivery.

Hopefully in the future the company will be in better shape.

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here's hoping. I just got notice that they issued my refund. I probably should have waited it out but I got a bit panicked.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know of others who could not get through to them but I managed to. This is the best kind of trap I have found! Love, love these traps. I have one but wanted a larger one on hand. I know everything is on back order with them and that was made clear to me when I spoke to the rep. There are shortages of everything, everywhere right now. I hope the company gets caught up but remember, this is also kitten season. You might try again later.

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know of others who could not get through to them but I managed to. This is the best kind of trap I have found! Love, love these traps. I have one but wanted a larger one on hand. I know everything is on back order with them and that was made clear to me when I spoke to the rep. There are shortages of everything, everywhere right now. I hope the company gets caught up but remember, this is also kitten season. You might try again later.
I'm not doubting the quality of the trap at all. I gave them five days to return my call or answer my email which I think is more than fair. You might encourage them not to charge a customer's credit card until the item ships if they are experiencing back orders and are unable to communicate with customers.

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If they worked through a vendor the vendor could deal with customer service calls and emails.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that they should not charge until shipping the item. I’m glad you got the refund. I think they do work through vendors but still, theirs is back ordered too I think. Hopefully the company will pick things up again later or get caught up. So sorry you had to do all that. I know it must have been frustrating.

LeiLatte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I ordered the new round trap a couple months ago, and received an email that there was a 5 week backlog. But I think my order shipped within a couple weeks. I have a lot of their traps and never had a bad experience with them.