Trouble With Cone

yasmincittaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 7th month old just got spayed Wednesday morning and everything has been going well until last night when she decided she no longer wanted to use her cone, she took it off twice. Both times I was able to put it right back on however when I left for work I told my brother to watch her. On my break he calls and tells me she took it off two more times and looks like she licked her stomach because it’s a bit red. I didn’t have this much trouble with my older cat when she got spayed does anyone have any tips on how to keep her cone on?? I was thinking on putting her collar on instead of the string it came with but I’m not sure if Will help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yasmincittaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have had the chance to see the incision now and it is red. I am not sure if its just the normal process or not so far she is eating and drinking just fine. Going into to visit the vet tomorrow morning.

Pixxelated

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Putting it on the collar might help. When my cat had a sore on his side due to an allergy, we had to put a cone on him. He kept getting out, like the little contortionist he is.

Eventually our cat left it alone if we just put the cone on, without tying a string. But I wouldn’t advise that.

Other things you can consider; using a see through cone or putting it on backwards so her eyes and ears are free. Poor cat, hope she heals up quickly!