Trouble my angel from heaven

kokepelli girl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

How should I begin? I lost my dear trouble on Thursday January 29th. He's been.sick for a while but still as sweet and feisty as ever. He suffered a stroke and the vet tried to save him but to no avail. He was 16 and Scott ny bfs cat first. Trouble came into his life when he needed him most. I only had the joy of knowing him since last May. He loved his Mommy very much and I loved him. He loved to cuddle and get kisses on his head. He would push his chin in and force u to keep going. We are struggling with this loss, our hearts are broken. I am crying, tears streaming down my face as I write this. Will it ever get better? Will the pain subside? I have his hair in a box I wear on my neck, sounds crazy but it comforts me and makes me feel like he's with me. We have three other cats, Mama, Baby and Big Eye. They have been looking for him throughout the house. Scott says trouble would want us to be happy to take care of his sister and brother. Right now I cannot be happy, I am absolutely devastated. I begged him please trouble don't go don't go!!! Why would God take him from us. He was the light of our life, the reason the laugh and smile. I am blow away by overwhelming sadness. Trouble was the best little boy in the world. Please pray for our family.
RIP TROUBLE 1998-2015
You will always be in our hearts and we will never forget u!!
Love u so much trouble[emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128049[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji]
Denise and Scott

josiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss!!! I lost my Josie girl over the summer and I've never experienced such intense grief! (Not even when my dad passed away 5 yrs ago!)

Our kitties are our children and when one passes a part of us goes with them. Let yourself grieve as long as you need to. It does get better.

When Josie passed I felt tremendous guilt at not catching her illness soon enough. It happened so fast and left me in shock. For a while I dreamt terrible dreams about her, obviously the guilt was tremendous. I am also single so didn't have a great support system. I decided to focus on keeping my other two kitties from grieving so much by heaping tons of extra love on them.

It does get better after a while. I tear up when I talk about her still but I no longer have breakdowns. Talking to her helps!

josiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wanted to add that there are many pet grieving websites that are helpful! I can't seem to link any from my phone, sorry!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart cries for what you are going through, I know it all too well. I know we would all give anything to not lose our loved ones, but there is always that day, none of us will live forever. The time came for your precious Trouble, but he had 16 wonderful years of love and devotion with his family, and he would be the first to tell you to not be so sad when you think of him, but to celebrate what you shared and to remember his goodness and how sweet he was. You must mourn his leaving your life, but he will be kept safe and warm forever in your heart as long as you are alive. I wish I could tell you it gets better, and time does have a way of softening the raw pain you are feeling now, but I think most of us just learn to live with the pain and we distract ourselves by going on with our lives, as we know our departed would want us to do. Your remaining family needs your love and attention, they are mourning too. I want you to know I take great comfort in the hairs I kept from my Chrissy, it's a bittersweet feeling when I know that is what I have left. I've found the pain is like the ocean waves, at times it is small and manageable, but at other times it comes crashing in like a tidal wave. It helps to talk to others who understand your pain, it keeps it from building to an unbearable level. I'll pray for you and your family, please kiss Mama, Big Eye, and Baby for me. Take care of yourself....... RIP sweet Trouble, you will forever be loved and remembered!

huntersdad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss.  I lost Hunter the day before you lost Trouble so I understand completely what you are going through.  Like Trouble, Hunt was also sick (kidney disease) and I've been crying for months because I knew the end was near.  I didn't know anything could possibly hurt this much. Time, my friend, time will make it better. 

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss.  Remember all that was good and sweet sharing your life with Trouble and Trouble sharing your life.  I am comforted by the thought that when it's my time I'll have a greeting committee of all of my fur babies that shared my life with me.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss of Trouble :rbheart:. The pain does subside with time, but the wonderful memories remain.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
bless your heart...I know how devastating it must be... 16 years of loving someone creates quite a bond and I just want to say "thank you" for loving and caring and giving him a life he may never have experienced if you didn't take that chance on him :) You will go through the normal grieving process of so many emotions...but yes...it will get better. I pray you will receive a special lil dream or visit or feeling that will help you through this.

I have a piece of my Min's fur as well in a lil baggy and from time to time can't resist but to smell her fur..as it still smells like her :)

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss of Trouble.  I lost my beautiful Rizzo on Jan. 19, 2015 as well.  It is just too much to bear so I know how you feel.  I still can't believe he is gone & still look for him.  Your & my pain will get better someday.  Been reading a book that say it is perfectly normal to grieve for a cat as you would a human and the first 3 months are the hardest.  My boy's litter boxes are where they always were and it took me several days to clean them.  It seemed like used litter and a few bits of hair were all I had left of him.  It really helped me to go to this site and talk about Rizzo & all the wonderful things he did for me & how much I miss him.  It was good to hear others stories of their loss.  Not feeling so alone.  You still have a couple fur babies to care for and enjoy!  I took my Rizzo for grated & thought I would have him for many more years.  It is amazing how devastated you feel when they are gone.  Be glad you had 16 wonderful years.  I only had my little guy for 8 because he came to me at 5.  He looked so young & healthy only I knew he was dying.  I would give anything to find him here when I come home.   What did Trouble have?

bgregory

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for the pain you are experiencing from losing your dear Trouble.  I lost my dear Tabby in Oct., and I am still trying to cope with the loss.  Wearing his fur around your neck is not strange if it comforts you.  I still take Tabby's ashes and picture to bed with me at night because it also gives me comfort.  I still have his toys in the same spot in the house where he left them.  I can tell you it will get easier, but it will not happen quickly. A broken heart takes time to mend.  With great love comes great loss.  Your heart will eventually begin to heal, little by little and you will start to have good memories of the times he filled your heart with joy.  You will never forget him, but he would want you to remember him with love and smiles.  That will come in time.  For now take your time to grieve but be kind to yourself.  I will pray that you and your family find peace.

cataan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think I am going to say things differently...

I absolutely understand your grief.  I've been there.  I had to euthanize Flash at age 14 because of advanced heart disease (failure).  I was so sad for so long.  But...

16 years old is OLD.  It is like 90s, even 100, for a human being!  We all know that everyone dies and it doesn't matter if it's a cat, a dog, or a human.  Trouble lived a long life and that is all we can ask!  Whether 16 or 17 or 18 or 19 or 20, you would still be grieving when he died yet you KNOW that he cannot live forever, just as you cannot live forever.  So, be sad that he isn't alive to love and to be loved, but cherish the fact that he lived a very long life.  He gave you a gift that, though bittersweet, you will hold dear the rest of your life -- memories. 

Additionally, you did nothing wrong.  You didn't cause his stroke.  It was a natural part of life, just as it often is for human beings.  You didn't run him over in your car; you didn't drop something heavy on him; you didn't let him out only to be hit by a car in the street; you didn't panic him so much that he went into cardiac arrest.  You did everything right and you took great care of him.  That's all he wanted from you -- to be loved and to be cared for.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss of your precious Trouble. I know the pain you are going through. Believe me, I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone. It is so devastating when we lose our kitties. It also doesn't matter if they have lived a long life. The pain over losing them is still there. We love our babies and it breaks our hearts to lose them. I lost my Mickey last July and the pain can still be unbearable at times. He was thirteen.
I truly hope you and your heart are starting to heal. I know it can be a long and painful process.
RIP Sweet Trouble!