Tripod

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a baby bunny in the yard. Riley my dog flushed it out the other day but I kept him from hurting the baby. Yesterday while mowing the bunny kept getting right where I needed to mow. Took forever to mow because I had to watch so I didn't run over it. Finally, it wouldn't move even when I got off the mower and nudged with my foot. I picked it up to put in the flower bed and saw it was missing a front leg. It wasn't wounded, the leg just wasn't there. So now we have a resident bunny (like I need one) in the yard with the name of Tripod. I texted a friend who does wildlife rescue to ask about it survival chances. She said that it should be fine considering it had survived this long. I told her that Tripod gets a pass on the garden since there is a deformity. While I despise them eating my garden I have to say this baby is so cute! Yes, I know it will grow up and create havoc, but I can not kill anything.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have a baby bunny in the yard. Riley my dog flushed it out the other day but I kept him from hurting the baby. Yesterday while mowing the bunny kept getting right where I needed to mow. Took forever to mow because I had to watch so I didn't run over it. Finally, it wouldn't move even when I got off the mower and nudged with my foot. I picked it up to put in the flower bed and saw it was missing a front leg. It wasn't wounded, the leg just wasn't there. So now we have a resident bunny (like I need one) in the yard with the name of Tripod. I texted a friend who does wildlife rescue to ask about it survival chances. She said that it should be fine considering it had survived this long. I told her that Tripod gets a pass on the garden since there is a deformity. While I despise them eating my garden I have to say this baby is so cute! Yes, I know it will grow up and create havoc, but I can not kill anything.
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
We are our brothers and sisters keepers. 😉

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Any photos?

If it's really a wild bunny then just having a safe space is the best thing. You can put up fencing if you want to contain the damage. Dog play fences work pretty good to block off areas.
I was kind of thinking that too. And she could actually provide food for the bunny if the spirits so moves her to do so........😊😬

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No photos. He/she is wild. I actually put up a fence around my garden because of Tripods relatives. I hesitate to put food out because I don’t want to become a coyote feeding station.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No photos. He/she is wild. I actually put up a fence around my garden because of Tripods relatives. I hesitate to put food out because I don’t want to become a coyote feeding station.
Ya. I hear that. You must be in more rural area. I am too. I have to watch out for the coyotes as well as predator birds. I provide plenty of cover for them. I do worry about my yard bunnies become a..... well, you know. And I’m also careful about my composting for the same reasons, I have an enclosed barrel.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can also put a box with a blanket in there for him to sleep in. Can you tell if he’s old enough to be weaned? If not, I’m pretty sure you can feed him KMR. (If you can catch him to feed him.) If he’s weaned, you can always give him lettuce for an extra snack. :) I don’t know if that would attract coyotes, though.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are in a development that used to be farmland, but our property backs up to conservation land. I have had coyotes come in the yard and steal apples from my tree. We also have hawks, owls and bald eagles as well as foxes. He is weaned in all likelihood according to my friend who does wildlife rescue. I told her how big he is (about the size of a 4 week old kitten). There are plenty of places to hide. We have a shed, a woodpile, a raised deck, and lots of bushes. I also have a brush pile for critters at the edge of our yard.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh yeah, he will be fine then and any fences to keep him in just make him pinned food. That doesn't mean you can't fence in plants you don't want him eating. Garden stores have little bamboo stakes that can be used.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a deer screen around my garden so hopefully that helps save it. Haven't seen Tripod since I moved him. I hope the neighbors cat hasn't gotten him. I did see a baby hopping around in my other neighbors driveway yesterday.