Tricky Situation

brandy-neka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay so I wasn't sure if I should put this in behavior or health, but decided here because it could affect my cats health. 

Where she is most often is in her cat room which has vinyl flooring in my basement. I had orkin spray the edges of my whole house two months ago on Oct 17th, but the second time they came in November I had them skip her cat room. They are spraying for spiders by the way. I live in the country and there were a lot of them. 

Then just yesterday I mopped the entire basement with Odoban. No it was not Odoban Pet - it was just Odoban. Before that I had just been using brooms and sweepers. 

I moved into the new house in late August btw. 

Here's the issue:

The stuff Orkin sprayed is fine for people and pets as long as it stays dry. If it becomes wet again it can be an irritant and I don't know how bad it could be for my cat if it got wet again. 

With the odoban it's a household cleaner / disinfectant that I was told would be safe for pets, just not to let her go on it when it was really wet. 

The problem.

My cat has been deciding lately that it's fun to swish water and such out of her water bowl/food bowl. 

With the orkin stuff I'm thinking that's not as much as an issue now because it was gone over with the odoban in there but I'm not sure. The stuff is supposed to last for 3 months. It's the cs cykick that they sprayed. 

The odoban getting wet again I'm not sure if that's an issue or not... 

Help please? 

I know I could just get a heavier food/water bowl for her and I do plan to as soon as I can get out to petco. For now I've just put her food/water bowl underneath one of her smaller cat tree things that has a little niche for it where hopefully she won't knock it all over. I don't like changing her food/water bowl location... but may leave it there if she doesn't have any issues. 

My other concern is if she starts batting at the water in the bowl and then walks around the floor with it. I don't think the concentration of stuff would be that bad but who knows... Anyone else have cats or dogs that do this? I'm assuming yes. I'm assuming that I'm just over-worrying here.. 

I would just put a rug or blanket beneath the water/food bowl but I know from experience she then just tugs on the rug or blanket and then it creates a big mess anyways. 

Hmm.. what to do what to do.. 

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does Sabriel, knock over the water dish? If so, then, blueyedgirl5946 idea is great. Now, if Sabriel, is like my Loki, then, I have a suggestion. Loki, the F3 Savannah, will "swim" or "dig" in his water dish. This means, I am ALWAYS checking and giving him water. I have a boot tray, that, is meant to keep dirty snow boots or work boots. I got it on sale for like five dollars. It can keep, about, three inches of water off the floor. Then, under that boot tray, I keep two long bathroom floor towels. Yes, I am always changing them
. I will post a pic, since, this sounds way way more complicated, then, it actually is.

How is little and maybe not so little now, Sabriel? I would love to see more pics of her

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're worried about the Odoban, go over the floors again with plain water or vinegar. I don't think I'd worry about the pesticides if you had them skip the cat room.