Treats Ideas? Anything But The Commercial Treats

samyoz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there,

my kittens (13weeks+7weeks old) are on a raw diet, and they don't like anything dry including treats and biscuits.
I want ideas about making treats in home so they love it, Because I wanna train them to do few things and to encourage some behavior but I can't do that without praising them.
Basic question: is it really that I can't train them without treats?

and I want some ideas or recipes in which I can make their treats at home with the things they love.

Note: Tiger is so addicted to the cats' milk so anything including that milk will do the job.

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think cats need a physical reward for the behavior you want them to exhibit. Unlike with dogs who can do it with a treat and a little high-pitch voice for them to realize that what they did was considered good, imo. I don't really like commercial treats as well aside from Purebites which is just one ingredient. But since you mentioned your cats don't like anything dry, have you just tried boiling meat? Other than that, I don't really know any specific recipes so hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will respond ~

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also use Pure Bites but I also give them plain cooked chicken and low sodium Boar's Head chicken and turkey breast from the grocery store deli. They LOVE all of these. The deli meats are given less often. When chicken breast or thighs go on sale, I buy some, individually wrap them and freeze them. Then I bake or boil them and shred the meat while it's still warm. They are happy kitties when this is offered up!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Plain cooked or raw meat is just fine :agree: Even a raw gizzard or heart as a treat works. Freeze dried 100% meat or fish treats are great, too. Most freeze dried treats can be rehydrated in a little water.

You don't need treats to train a cat. A reward can be as simple as a brushing or lots of praise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samyoz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a stubborn kitten. I don't think I can train him without treats, he really doesn't care at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samyoz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, maybe their problem is with the commercial food.
maybe that recipe would work, depends on what in the recipe