Traveling with Prince

Kiwi Love

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We're getting ready to travel. We have been traveling with our first cat in a school bus motor home conversion since he was a kitten, over 5 years. He is accustomed to changes and moving. Kiwi 😁

So we have new cat and he is almost a year old. We got him as a kitten. We have not been mobile with him and have been in same place since we got him. This is home for him. His nature is cautious and shy. Prince! 😁We are getting ready to travel again and want to take him with us. He is indoor/outdoor. I must note also that we were stationery with Kiwi as a kitten also and then proceeded to travel. He easily made the transition and has traveled well. Prince is just different in that he is timid and cautious.

I just want some advice on how to prepare him and anything we can give him for comfort. We will be staying in pet friendly rental homes and traveling in the bus.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. He is quite timid and the opposite nature of Kiwi. ❣❣❣❣🐱🐱🐱🐱💖💖💖💖✌

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Sorry no one has responded to your post yet! I am by no means going to be of any help, but wondered how Kiwi and Prince get along. If well, then, maybe introduce Prince, along with Kiwi to the bus while it is just sitting there, stationery. Putting them both together in the bus might be enough to get Prince to accept it if he follows Kiwi's 'cues'. I think I would work on that aspect if you have the bus to your avail before actually moving it. I would use the same techniques that you used with Kiwi, but with Prince there with Kiwi. Make it very short stints if you see signs of concern from Prince. The longer Prince has to try to acclimate to the bus with Kiwi by his side, the more accustomed he will grow. The same goes for whatever you did for Kiwi to get Prince used to pet friendly rental homes.

Is there something I am missing that might help other members offer a different perspective?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Are you traveling in a motor home or car? Will the cats be confined in carriers while you're moving?

Take him on some short trips first, maybe only an hour or two to start with and gradually increase the time. It will give you some idea of how he's going to react.