TRAVEL NOT ADVISED FOR YOUR HOLIDAY

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
In the interests of public health and safety, people are being implored not to travel for the "thanksgiving" holiday in the US:
CDC warns Americans not to travel for Thanksgiving gatherings
and there is a curfew for purple-tier counties in California:
California issues 'limited' curfew amid COVID surge
(Yes, I know Newsom blew it by partying. No, that doesn't have a thing to do with the fact that cases are skyrocketing. It's not political. It's not a "hoax" or something designed to cramp anyone's style. It's about SAVING LIVES and PREVENTING ONE OF THE WORST VIRUSES EVER.) Please share. Thanks.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Reaction score
Much to family on both sides unhappiness, hubby and I are staying home. I work two jobs and have had coworkers at both places out for Covid already, some are out awaiting results for a week right now, I'm around loads of unmasked customers, I don't need to go hang out with an additional 4+ households and spread whatever germs I or they may have. But we are definitely the exception, everyone I've talked to at work, other family members, people are still gathering and traveling from town to town. Laws and common sense alike don't apply to them I guess.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
You're so right, Mia6 Mia6 . It's all about safety and especially, protecting those at high risk -- the elderly, very young and those with underlying health conditions.
You too, Lari Lari . We hope someday to have this under control to the point where people can get back to "normal" but until that happens, we have to think of everyone -- ourselves and our loved ones, and everyone else as well.

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Reaction score
No family get together this year Just dinner with the 3 of us that live together Scary how fast this virus is spreading right now So sad and I will miss Thanksgiving so much with the whole family Thanksgiving has always been the time my family slows down and puts getting together as a priority For a few hours we reconnect with what is most Important This year what’s most important (family) means we can’t get together My Oldest daughter, who has Tried for years is pregnant! Being pregnant puts the mother at very high risk of serious Covid complications I haven’t heard much reporting of this so I did my own research Knowing the facts made the decision easy Next year is now the goal I can wait Happy Thanksgiving everyone Stay safe we can do this

denice

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Reaction score
No in person get together this year. We will do the internet together in the afternoon. I got the Bob Evans Farmhouse Feast for four with turkey ordered. I will still have a traditional dinner with leftovers.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
thanksgiving is going to be me,hubby and my cats this year ....im going to attempt to learn how to cook the meal this year
I've actually done this and it's not difficult especially with all the tutorials available online (YouTube etc.) Good luck and I hope it turns out great!

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Reaction score
We are travelling, but it's within the state. Just me, my husband, mom, stepdad, and my brother. None of us work high risk jobs (those that work, stepdad is retired and mom is partially retired), we have no underlying conditions. We really thought about not doing anything together this year, but we felt comfortable enough with a small group of 5 and the reasons I listed earlier. We would not have planned anything if we had any elderly family left.

My friend's husband was exposed because his coworker's family did a huge (20+) Thanksgiving event over the weekend. The person that later tested positive for Covid 1.) Felt sick (then why go to an event??? Dumba**!) and 2.) IS IN THE MEDICAL FIELD. So the coworker was exposed, along with 20+ other people...selfish. So, now her husband may have to quarantine for 2 weeks...he cannot work from home. He isn't happy about it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
We are travelling, but it's within the state. Just me, my husband, mom, stepdad, and my brother. None of us work high risk jobs (those that work, stepdad is retired and mom is partially retired), we have no underlying conditions. We really thought about not doing anything together this year, but we felt comfortable enough with a small group of 5 and the reasons I listed earlier. We would not have planned anything if we had any elderly family left.

My friend's husband was exposed because his coworker's family did a huge (20+) Thanksgiving event over the weekend. The person that later tested positive for Covid 1.) Felt sick (then why go to an event??? Dumba**!) and 2.) IS IN THE MEDICAL FIELD. So the coworker was exposed, along with 20+ other people...selfish. So, now her husband may have to quarantine for 2 weeks...he cannot work from home. He isn't happy about it.
Yeah. People don't think it applies to THEM. And yeah. Our Governor went to a party, as the world now knows. It's beyond frustrating.
Hope your family stay safe and well.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Reaction score
I'm going to my sister's, about a 45 minute drive. It will be just she and I. I've seen her often lately, as we are trying to figure out an estate so I'm not seeing someone new. My brother is having a large gathering and neither one of us wanted to go to that.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
I'm going to my sister's, about a 45 minute drive. It will be just she and I. I've seen her often lately, as we are trying to figure out an estate so I'm not seeing someone new. My brother is having a large gathering and neither one of us wanted to go to that.
Good on ya Boris Diamond Boris Diamond as usual! Enjoy your visit and stay safe and healthy.

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Reaction score
My parents decided to cook food and drop it off at the houses of those who would've come to their get-together. They are in their 60s but quite healthy and my dad works from home anyway. Because they've known about the situation in Asia since the beginning, they know that mask wearing is essential, too, which is reassuring.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
My parents decided to cook food and drop it off at the houses of those who would've come to their get-together. They are in their 60s but quite healthy and my dad works from home anyway. Because they've known about the situation in Asia since the beginning, they know that mask wearing is essential, too, which is reassuring.
Huge props to your parents! How thoughtful of them. *Wish everyone could be like that!*

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Staff Member
Reaction score
My parents decided to cook food and drop it off at the houses of those who would've come to their get-together.
That's a good way to deal with holiday meals during a pandemic. A friend is doing the same thing. Her whole family is getting food storage containers for Christmas. They'll be dropped off tomorrow - filled with Thanksgiving dinner. The containers can be returned before Christmas, and she'll cook and deliver Christmas dinner.

denice

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Reaction score
Yeah. People don't think it applies to THEM. And yeah. Our Governor went to a party, as the world now knows. It's beyond frustrating.
Hope your family stay safe and well.
He isn't the only one that has been caught. There was the Governor of I believe New Jersey who went to another state to go to a restaurant. There was Pelosi in a salon when salons were still closed in California. There was the Chicago mayor getting her hair cut during a lockdown, she got real close with the woman who cut her hair for a selfie. Feinstein in a private terminal, everyone but her wearing a mask. The list goes on and on.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Reaction score
Hard to expect your average person or even politician to care when the leader of the country flies around all over having gatherings and rallies while it spreads unchecked in his ranks as a very public example.

Talked to my sister yesterday, guess my mom is having second thoughts and sleepless nights about having people over. I don't know why they think it's worth the risk, especially at the rate it's spreading locally.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
He isn't the only one that has been caught. There was the Governor of I believe New Jersey who went to another state to go to a restaurant. There was Pelosi in a salon when salons were still closed in California. There was the Chicago mayor getting her hair cut during a lockdown, she got real close with the woman who cut her hair for a selfie. Feinstein in a private terminal, everyone but her wearing a mask. The list goes on and on.
IDK what these people are thinking. They could be good examples and inspirations. We elect them. :sigh: