Trapping When Cats Have Moved

dakota26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been feeding a mother cat and her kittens. I only saw them a couple of times before they relocated. I leave food for them and it gets eaten. I have traps and I am going to put them near where I feed them, but since they have moved I don't know how successful I will be. Plus, the area is not in a place I can be too discrete. The kittens are probably around 3 months old. Any advice would be appreciated.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Be sure that you are not leaving food out at night. That is when other critters such as raccoon, possum, skunk, etc.. come out. They all love cat food. Of course there can be other cats in the area too.
If you can get a hold of a trail camera that would let you know who is eating the food.

Since the kittens are around 3 months old, they all might have moved to another food source. Keep your eyes out for them.

Also if you plan to trap be sure not to leave the trap unattended over night. It is quite stressful for a cat to be left in a trap overnight outside. Try to watch and trap so you can safely take the cats to a secure location.

Thank you for wanting to help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dakota26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the reply. The food is eaten in the day time, but I don't see them anymore.

How can I move their feeding spot? I tried to move it a little farther away, but it did not get eaten. Where I am feeding them is out in the open and I would like to feed them in a less noticeable spot for their safety.

When do feral kittens typically leave their mother?