Trappers On My Complex

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I just found this thread and read it all the way through! Such a joyous and happy ending to what could have been otherwise. It's great to read about someone like you, lavishsqualor lavishsqualor , who feels the same way about cats that I do and when confronted with what could be a tragic situation, stood up and did the right thing! Thank-you and God bless you. Christmas will be happier now, not just for me, but for all cat lovers everywhere. :clapcat::clapcat::catlove::lovecat2::lovecat::catrub::thumbsup::bunnydance:

Avery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm a relative newcomer to TCS, wasn't around when this story began, but when I saw the new thread, I had to read from start to finish. I was so beyond-words-thrilled to get to the post today and find a happy ending! It had me crying and yelling a few pages ago, then laughing and cheering at all the good news today! I think you did a most amazing job handling this horrible situation, and I hope that you and the kitties have a wonderful holiday.

CL56

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We really do need someone to come in a make a movie, y'all. You guys are never going to believe it, but the last two cats returned this morning! The property manager called me about 20 minutes ago and was absolutely beside herself with joy. So now, a full nine months later, we have everyone back! I'm so happy! The PM said that they were lying on the lanai with the other cats this morning when maintenance got back from cleaning up the grounds. They were just basking in the sunshine and flipping their tails as if nothing unusual had transpired. She said that they don't look thin or injured in any way.

I'm dying to know where they've been! I wish those furry felines could talk!

This is such a wonderful thing. I absolutely could not have gotten a better holiday gift.

Ohmygosh - I started sobbing when I read this !
Wonderful !

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
OMG You're kidding!

:thud:

I've often thought of those last two cats, wondering what happened to them. How wonderful that they've finally made their way home.

I've heard that lost cats often show up again when the weather starts getting colder. During the warmer months there is plenty of food around and they can manage quite well on their own. When it starts getting colder they remember how people used to help them out and go looking for their care-givers again.

This is such awesome news. I'm so happy the whole family are back together again.

:touched::touched::touched::touched::touched::touched::touched:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I just stumbled on this story and have to say that you are completely heroic for championing those cats and that you were rewarded by the fact that they were alive after all. There is definitely a story in there to be published and you are a good enough writer that I hope you are able to get around to it someday.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found this thread by chance, only because someone had replied lately.

I held my breath and tears were coming down my eyes for most of the thread.
I admire you lavishsqualor lavishsqualor for how you managed the whole thing. Your stubborness, firmness and severity in this matter led the fate exactly where you wanted it to go in the first place, the eviction of the evil tenants, the prosecution of the stupid trappers and the return of the missing cats.
You in your State must have a solid law enforcement and a good set of rules to achieve this result, I don't think that anybody could get such a positive outcome somewhere else in the world!

What a wonderful story, it started awful, it ended incredibly fantastic.
This is much better than any Christmas movie the TV shows in these weeks.

Lavishsqualor, you deserve the Gold Medal for Cats' Advocating on TCS, if not in the world!
I wish you the best, always!

8kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is an amazing story! I had read it earlier this year but seeing that the last two cats came back makes it even better!
I have long wished that cats could talk or wear a tiny camera so I could see where they went. Our Rusty disappeared for a MONTH when he was young - yes he was fixed - we were sure he was gone then one day he appeared - slightly skinny and hungry but otherwise fine. :eek:

He hasn't left since, and I still wonder where he went!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to the utterly incomparable Norachan for writing the article! She's one of thecatsite's true gems and I'm so grateful to her for taking the time to write such a great piece.

This article is especially meaningful because someone approached me about writing an article for one of the local newspapers but my management company vetoed it, fearful that the exposure might result in frivolous lawsuits from those evicted.

Below is our celebratory lunch which took place when the last two made it home. Pictured are residents who helped look for the cats, maintenance and office staff from the property where the colony lives, along with a few staff members from the shelters where the perpetrators did their community service. The lovely lady sitting next to me is the property manager who took fifteen-year old Oreo and his buddy Cheddar into her home. It was an awesome event and I wish each and every one of you could have attended!