1. Do you have a cat-related question?

Please create an account (it's free!) and post your question in one of our cat care forums. Click here for a tutorial on how to start a new thread in the forums.

No cat question? You're still welcome to join us to talk about cats, share pictures and much more!

Trapped feral cats last week and brought them inside.

Discussion in 'Caring for Strays and Ferals' started by Shane Kent, May 9, 2016.

1. tarasgirl06

tarasgirl06 TCS Member Top Cat

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    Don't you just love the yargles? My Elvis goes meowing about the house very late at night sometimes. IDK what I'll do this summer -- his first full summer with us -- because usually I would leave the front door open with the just the security screen, to let the cool air in -- and I'm thinking that if I do that with him here, he'll be yowling all night long! Lots of little creatures visiting, like opossums, squirrels, mice, rats, and maybe even skunks! and other cats!

2. ondine

ondine Advisor Staff Member Advisor

Yeah - sometimes I swear he's saying "Helllloooo?" It can be nerve wracking. I'm just glad the neighbors can't hear him. They'd called Animal Control for sure!

3. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    I LOVE talkative cats. I used to get complaints from downstairs neighbor when we lived in apartment -- he said my cats walked loudly at night. :cutecat::kneading: If you haven't seen the "No More Bath Cat" video on YouTube, you owe it to yourself. Google that topic and watch the video. Now THAT's telling the caregiver!

4. Shane Kent

Shane Kent Crazy Cat Gentleman Adult Cat

May 9, 2016
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    I miss my chatty cat Zaren a lot. He was always at the door when I got home with a hello. I love to hear them talk, it is so cute.

tarasgirl06 purraised this.
  5. tarasgirl06

Sep 19, 2006
    Glendale, California
    I know, I know! And since cats have over 100 vocalizations in their vocabularies, they're actually a lot more fascinating to have a conversation with than a lot of humans I know these days :cutecat: