Transitioning from kitten to adult food - dry recommendations

shortykatyk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all my kitten well....cat now is one year old and ready to move up to an adult cat food. She has been eating a mix of good grain free wet and dry kitten instinct but she didn't seem very happy with the adult instinct.

I was wondering if anyone has some recommendations? The Halo that I usually would have purchased seems to be different now and recently purchased by another brand and Natural Balance looks to have changed ingredients those are my two fall backs and now I can't fall back on them.

She's a one year old tabby mix.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi all my kitten well....cat now is one year old and ready to move up to an adult cat food. She has been eating a mix of good grain free wet and dry kitten instinct but she didn't seem very happy with the adult instinct.
You can try giving her wet food labeled 'For All Life Stages' if it's hard to transit her over to adult food and feed her the flavor she prefers if you are not getting her food labeled 'For All Life Stages'.

Edit : Oh, sorry, I misread your thread title. I thought it was wet food you were looking for
IMG_3059.GIF

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
and recently purchased by another brand
Do you know by whom?
I can only find that Halo was relaunched in August 2022, with no soy, some poultry free options and this copied from the owner Better Choice website's press release;
The improved recipes contain higher levels of responsibly sourced protein, more skin and coat health, and enhanced digestive support through higher levels of guaranteed probiotics and added postbiotics.

However, they need to update the Halo products website if all that is really true, since I'm still seeing soy listed as an ingredient in one of my favorite products as well as other products.

Anyway, that aside, Blue Wilderness True Solution Perfect Skin & Coat might be one for you to look at, or this one;
Canidae Grain-Free Pure Limited Ingredient Chicken Recipe Dry Cat Food

Last edited:

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
S shortykatyk I recommend Purina Pro Plan dry food. They changed their dry line over the pandemic after completing a longitudinal study on healthy cats and cat food. I would still use it but my cat developed a beef allergy (my senior cat still gets their urinary over the counter dry formula).

Mine get a mix of Arcana and Blue Buffalo Senior, though I'm not sure we will continue mixing the Blue Buffalo going forward.

I didn't have good experiences with nutrience or wellness in recent years. So I no longer recommend those.

What's in My Cat's Food?: Designer Diets, Grain Free Diets

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shortykatyk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
S shortykatyk I recommend Purina Pro Plan dry food. They changed their dry line over the pandemic after completing a longitudinal study on healthy cats and cat food. I would still use it but my cat developed a beef allergy (my senior cat still gets their urinary over the counter dry formula).

Mine get a mix of Arcana and Blue Buffalo Senior, though I'm not sure we will continue mixing the Blue Buffalo going forward.

I didn't have good experiences with nutrience or wellness in recent years. So I no longer recommend those.

What's in My Cat's Food?: Designer Diets, Grain Free Diets
Thanks for the info! Do you recommend the pro plan with rice or chicken/egg?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shortykatyk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know if Nutrisource is still a good brand? Its been a while but I remember seeing it at my local feed store.