Transition from Breeze system to regular litter

mayabear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This might be a silly question but anyway...Is there any way that is not gross and difficult? Trying to transition from regular litter to the breeze system was not fun, but maybe I’m doing something wrong. I guess to slowly transition I can put litter in the bottom part and the litter would catch the urine instead of the wee wee pad, but I don’t know if that’s be efficient..Any suggestions to make it easy? I live in a small apartment in nyc where the cleaning option is limited to the bathroom/tub. And I want to transition to Yesterday’s News if that matters.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I hate seeing unanswered threads!!! And, this may be a silly response - why not set a regular litter box beside the breeze box and see if your cat uses it? I know you are in a small apartment, but if your cat would choose to use the regular box, you might not have to have two sitting around for very long. If that doesn't work, you could try to add a bit of the new litter to the pellets (or, similar 'regular' pellets) in the regular box and see if that works. Over time, you could add more of the litter you want to convert to and less of the pellets, etc. Sorry if I am oversimplifying the issue, I am sure you can tell I have never used the breeze system!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mayabear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I thought about having a regular and breeze box but I really don’t have room ☹ The regular litter falls through the slits which makes it very heavy and messy to clean. If that’s what I have to do then that’s what I have to do. Hoping I was missing an easier way.