Tranquility fountains as cat's drinking water

abi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Somalis love to play (and drink) in water. Every time I walk near the bathroom they beg me to turn on the tap. I was thinking of getting one of those table top fountains, but I know the cats will drink from it and play in it. Would this be safe for them if I change the water twice daily?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
My Mishmish is like that - always drinks from the tap. She has us well trained by now, so we always come running when she's standing there asking us to turn it on

I think that the fountains that are made as kitty drink places should be safe enough. Especially if you change the water twice a day. They probably have instructions on them that tell you how often you need to change the water.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, the water would be fine. Just make sure you change it at least once a day and clean the fountain to remove any algae once every few days. It may even be a good idea to use regular drinking water.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Sandie and Anne,
We'll all enjoy our new fountain. We might have a Somali litter on the way, it will be fun to see how the kittens react.