toy prey= meal time?

Katdog

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Korra Kat and I have made up a routine that consist of play time for 10-15 minutes then meal time. I play with her w/ a rope that she chases and attacks, similarly to how I imagine she'd catch a prey. anyways, she'll bring me the rope meowing loudly and drop it in front of me- sometimes after meal time, sometimes right before her next schedule meal. recently I've noticed she'll bring it to me quietly after meals, and loudly (meowing) right before her next meal.

my question is- is the rope now her way of asking for meals/indicating she hungry? or is it still a "oh hey, I brought you a prey- thank you gift?".. or maybe both depending on her vocals? ....or maybe she just wants to play and its her way of asking for attention/play? although she rarely does much more than sit or lay after she's brought me the rope (so I assume its not asking for playtime?)

any takers on reading Korra's mind?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Maggie always wants to play before eating. Usually it's the go cat catcher with a mouse on the end or the purrfect leather bouncer. Now her favorite is a wand attached with a leather string. Anything she can grab and put in her mouth.. Always play,eat,sleep(hunt,catch,eat,sleep). That's my guess

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think you may be onto something...the loud meows before meals are saying, "I'm hungry! I need to hunt and get fed now," and the quiet ones after are a "Thank you." Of course, we can't ever know for sure, but that seems reasonable, and I certainly enjoy thinking of it that way!