Toy hoarding

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't find Flora this evening so I checked under the armchair she'd hide in (through a rip in the lining) when she first arrived home. I put my hand in the opening and discovered a ton of toys. Just yesterday I was thinking why a lot of toys had gone missing. Now I know why. Flora had managed to hide 2 wand toys, a catnip fish, 4 mice, 3 balls, and a couple other random things. I thought it was pretty hilarious. She's definitely a character!

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At school my daughter was learning to crochet and her first attempt without a hook was a long chain in red wool. I wasn't allowed to undo it so wound it into a ball, sewed in the ends so it didn't come apart and gave it to the kitten, Sweep, which she and her sister had rescued from the local stables (he and his 3 siblings were going to be destroyed if the riding-school pupils hadn`t taken them). Sweep loved his toy and fetched and carried it till it disappeared. We made some more in other colours - but he only liked the red balls, which kept disappearing. When I bought a new cooker we found 14 of them, which he'd managed to get over the strip along the base of the kitchen appliances and under the cooker. Although Sweep lived a long life, he passed away many years ago. One of my present cats recently found a very dusty red wool ball, goodness knows where. After a spin in the washing machine it is now a favourite with the youngest cat. Perhaps, when I have to buy another cooker, some more will turn up along with the cobwebs!