Totaled My Car This Morning

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, I don't think he was dumped. It would be easy to sell him. I just can't see someone paying thousands of dollars for him and then dumping him. But I can't imagine he wouldn't be neutered either. I think someone is looking for him.

I am also starting to wonder if he is in fact not neutered. I did not check him myself and am going off the word of someone else who does allot of cat rescue. She said she saw testicles but didn't feel them. Sounds really creepy that these are the things I ask people.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thats what I would think because who else would have an intact male in their house. The smell alone would be unbearable. I have checked with all the local breeders and rescue groups as well as veterinarians.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No. I didn’t go to a doctor or the hospital. I hate those places. I ride horses so I know my injuries pretty well. Think I just have bruised ribs and nose. They don’t do much for that. Where I live they only prescribe ibuprofen for pain since there is such a big opiate problem around here.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I’m not taking anything for it. I try not to take medication unless I really need it. It’s getting better or I’m getting used to it. I am so lucky I am not really hurt. Going to go to work tomorrow.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many years ago a friend of mine's daughter was in an accident. She was in the passenger seat and there was no airbag but she was wearing her seatbelt and she had a cracked collarbone from the seatbelt. At the emergency room she was told that is a common injury with a seatbelt, I am sure more so without an airbag, but it would have been much worse without the seatbelt.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Tried to work today but was sent home because I looked pale etc after I moved the wrong way. Ribs are so touchy.
You did the right thing. A very wise doctor once told me to listen to my body which is exactly what you did. Have they been understanding at work? I hope the rest will help you to feet better soon. :crossfingers:

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, they have been great at work. Considering she has lost a lot of money, having to cancel all the surgeries, I’d say fantastic.

I did work today and it was ok. I am not shy about saying I can’t do something, which meant the vet had to do all the lifting. I always tell employers when they hire me that “ I don’t suffer in silence “ and I don’t. I have learned to be my own advocate when it comes to work. It is best that way. If I feel like I am not being treated fairly or I have issues with something, or if I need a break cause I’m hungry, believe me, everyone will know. Of course it helps that I have over 30 yrs experience and I’m really good at my job. I might not have had such good results when I was 18 with limited experience.😹