Totaled My Car This Morning

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So, driving to work this morning, I had a head on collision with a van. My little Focus never stood a chance. After that I come home to find out that the temporary home I had set up for a lost Bengal fell through. I am not happy, but things work out, so I will just wait for it,

Just wanted to share this with you all. Not sure why.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I am so glad you're OK! You were very lucky....yes, really you were. I hope things go well with your insurance and you'll have another car soon. I'm sorry the temp home for the Bengal didn't work out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Yes, I am fine. My insurance is minimum because it was an old car. The other guy, the one driving the van was not injured, so that is great.

I took the day off from work because my chest hurts to breath, but that’s from the airbag.

I can borrow a vehicle to get to work, but I really don’t feel like driving. I am sure I’ll be fine once I start driving again.

Feel bad for work. They had to cancel all the surgeries for today. Fortunately it’s just spays and neutered. There is no way I could work today.

Thank you for all the well wishes.

Maybe someone could answer this. So, a young, maybe a year or less old Bengal was found during one of our big storms out here. He doesn’t have jowls yet. He was scanned for a chip and none found. Isn’t it common practice for a breeder to chip and have neutered a purebred cat that is sold? Or maybe I just haven’t experienced the ones that don’t. This cat has been posted all over Facebook and I have checked with all the rescues and nobody is claiming him. So odd.

He does have a place to stay, but I am not to happy about it. I am not directly involved with this cat so I really don’t have a say. I was told he is going to be fostered at place that rescues cats but already has 10. I think people don’t realize is what a Tom can do to an established group of cats. Even though he will be caged, he still will have male cat smell that will throw the group off. He is going to the feral cat coalition for an exam today, but he isn’t feral.

Then he is supposed to go to a veterinarian that will keep him.

So much of this doesn’t sit right with me. I am a control freak, but it doesn’t add up. If he is going to a vet, why doesn’t she do the exam instead of wasting FCC resources? If she is going to keep him, why doesn’t she understand the laws involved with stray animals? If she is a vet, why can’t she take him now?

I will post a pic of the guy below.

In the meantime, both Cheetah and Omypaw are making sure I stay horizontal for the time being.

Attachments

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Responsible breeders spay/neuter before one of their kittens go to a pet home. They are very careful about giving breeding rights to someone. Bengals are popular and are plentiful enough that backyard breeders are in on the act now. They just sell to whoever has the money. I don't know if breeders routinely microchip their cats before going to their home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you. I posted in the ethical breeding forum to see what is the norm.

You are right. Tons of backyard breeders out there now.